List of bugs that I have because of online install

G

gorcorps

I have a rather low-mid range computer here, and I'm not asking for a lot of performance, but jesus...this is pushing it. Specs:
Athlon xp 2000+
onboard sound
512mb pc233 ddr ram
radeon 9600 256mb

I believe whole heartedly that these bugs I'm going to list wouldn't have happened if I didn't have to download over the net. These bugs are all because of corrupted files and server hiccoughs. If anybody knows where to direct me to some solutions, good god do so.

4mins to load intro screen movie:
solved it, deleated the part about startinglevel in the config file

Missing textures:
we'll see about that. I have purple and black checker patterns everywhere. I'm reinstalling the 1gig texture pack now, so maybe it'll help.

Horrible lag when loading new areas:
don't know...midrange settings are on, only 800x600, anybody know of any tweaks?

STILL can't play offline:
Ive read everything about it and it still doesnt work. Yes it's 100%, yes it says its ready. Yes I disabled internet and it went into online mode. Yes i could click on the icon. got an error saying couldn't complete process in offline mode.

Oh there's more, but i fixed the rest i think. I need some help for everything here.

Despite all these setbacks, im still having more fun than i ever did with Doom3. CS source works flawlessly (with better latency than original CS) so why cant hl2? oh well, guess ill put up with it for a month till they fix it.

Back