List of Upcoming mods?

bgesley426

Reaction score
Just wondering but maybe we can all post the name and website (if available) of upcoming HL2 mods.

So far I only know of 3.
CS (duh, tho I don't see any website up)
Band of Brothers. bob.hl2files.com
Operation Everlasting Shadow http://www.bioproductions.co.uk/shadow/

Possibly make a temporary MOD forum to discuss upcoming mods and maybe discuss ideas of possible mods to make. Even modders can assemble their mod team in that forum.

Just a thought.

BadgerEDIT: You got the name of my mod wrong, so I changed it for you :)

This thread has been moved: Due to the apparent relevance it has with the General Editing Forum.

Originally posted by EvilEwok
90% of the mods in development right now are just variations of CS. And half of the remainder are different flavors of WW2 mods. Its amazing, both CS2 and DoD2 are in the making, and 95% of the mods in progress are just CS clones and yet more WW2 mods.

When did the mod community become so saturated with unimaginative game developer wannabes that only 5% of them add anything new to the genra. And that 5% is generous.

Hell, you would be hardpressed to find more than two or three mods out there that dont share half of their weapons list. Its as if its sacrilege to venture into the realm of creativity and create some ****ing weapons that arent in CS already.

seriously..
but look no further :p..
my mod will have no guns, but still have plenty of action for even the most skillfull players there are. instead of exchangeing multiple amounts of invisible bullets, you will be manageing physical objects in order to out-manuver your opponents and bring them to their knees. http://bust.finalredemption.com to learn more about my mod, Opposition Bust

um, you websites media section looks to be only screenshots from the episode Beyond from Animatrix. (my favorite) but I think you might want to give proper credit to the episode or (if oyu haven't already) tell the people that produced Animatrix that you're using those screens, cause you might end up in a lawsuit.

But thanks for posting sounds like a thrill of an idea to play. I'll look forward to it man.

I am pretty sure there are several mods out that originating a new type of gameplay that havn't stepped into the light yet. I have plans for a mod that will hopefully focus more on experimenting with physics rather than "Should I buy the MP% with a silencer or a scope...hmmm?"

Originally posted by bgesley426
um, you websites media section looks to be only screenshots from the episode Beyond from Animatrix. (my favorite) but I think you might want to give proper credit to the episode or (if oyu haven't already) tell the people that produced Animatrix that you're using those screens, cause you might end up in a lawsuit.

But thanks for posting sounds like a thrill of an idea to play. I'll look forward to it man.

yeah, they are reference pictures or scenes that kind of invision the concept of the envirements.. maybe I should just provide a link to where I found the images..

As long as you give some kind of reference or credit to where you got them.

/edit: and Kon, you may want to fix up your header graphic there, because the menu text is very hard to read.

yeah I thought clicking on the link on the right worked. but they did not.

It's Operation Everlasting Shadow... :)

Click the links in my signiture for for information :)

Malin

A Singleplayer, 3:rd person,cel-shaded adventure mod.

http://w1.302.telia.com/~u30208335/malin/

Not a very good site and its kinda outdated, but i made it just so i could get some feedback from forums and so on. Well, that time is over now so me and my team is working on a new site.

Edit: the story will be rewritten so you dont have to read my "engrish" ;)

oh man I'd love to play a cell-shaded mod. like delve into a comic book.

My mod Cause and Effect, I think, is very un-CS-like. Singleplayer zombie mod, and the only weapon it shares with CS so far is... well actually none at the moment.

Not Eradicators - we closed down :)

wow stigmata are you really going to have a LAW? I mean unless you're going to have tanks in your mod that LAW will be the ultimate awp. I know you say its very un-CS like but I"m just makin' a comparison. Pretty tight to see a Zombie mod tho hehe

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
your concept art is amazing.
wow I really wish you the best of luck.

hmm well I've seen that guys work elsewhere, it wasn't done for that mod, and I heared on here that the mod used way more of his images than he'd allowed and he eventually said they could use some of them but that was it

Do a search and I'm sure it'll come up.. Infact I'm pretty sure Rec or someone was in that thread so will probably remember what happened

Those concepts were done long before the mod came along though, and for completely different jobs. Check that big concept art forum, i forget the name, haven't been there in forever, But the guy posts on there, or did a while back, he showed a step by step of this one http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/1435/4096/

Originally posted by Fenric1138
hmm well I've seen that guys work elsewhere, it wasn't done for that mod, and I heared on here that the mod used way more of his images than he'd allowed and he eventually said they could use some of them but that was it

Do a search and I'm sure it'll come up.. Infact I'm pretty sure Rec or someone was in that thread so will probably remember what happened

Those concepts were done long before the mod came along though, and for completely different jobs. Check that big concept art forum, i forget the name, haven't been there in forever, But the guy posts on there, or did a while back, he showed a step by step of this one http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/1435/4096/

Sparth, yeah I just read about it.
kinda sad, that concept art is very inspirational.
He has some amazing ideas for concepts, however I wondered what it had to do with the mod at all... since the pics depicted more of .... well a completely new idea instead of just having Co-Op.

still cool though.
man that art almost made me apply as modeler lol

And they said they mod would be Half-Life 2 coop... but the pics showing something else :)

If you read the information on the moddb site you will see why things look different.

People don't always want a 'revolution' when it comes to games. Oftentimes, it's baby steps.

Hostile Freedom will be trying some pretty innovative things(which we won't be disclosing at the current time ;)). But it'll take place in a futuristic setting, which seems to scare away other mods.

90% of the mods in development right now are just variations of CS. And half of the remainder are different flavors of WW2 mods. Its amazing, both CS2 and DoD2 are in the making, and 95% of the mods in progress are just CS clones and yet more WW2 mods.
Our mod Transplant is still in the works but the general idea is this: (basic background info) Its about a man named Alfred Murdock. He is a homicide detective and is about 23-25 years old. His dad lives with him and he spends allot of time taking care of his insane dad because he doesn’t want his dad in an insane asylum. His dad has a lot of panic attacks and he hears his dad beg for his life to some being he claims to see. But when Alfred tries to talk to him he just denies it. (The Story) One night he hears his dad screaming in his room "Noo!...Nooo! I didn’t tell anyone!" Alfred runs to the room and opens the door. He sees nothing but pitch black and can barely see an outline of his father on the bed. He hears something so he pauses and listens in, he hears deep breathing and groans from the opposite side of the bed. He then hears footsteps getting closer to him, he still pauses then sees a tall dark figure walking towards him and the creature lefts his arm. Alfred stands their in disbelief. The figure then jabs his fingers in Alfred’s eyes and rips them both out. Alfred immediately drops and blacks out. He then finds himself in a hospital with a doctor above him. The doctor begins to say "Hello, Alfred do you now were you are? Alfred says "No.. were am I.. what happened?" Then the doctor says " Well, apparently you and your dad were attacked by a wild animal... the police aren’t really sure how...Alfred... let me be brief" he than sat down next to Alfred and said "The animal ripped out your eyes...your neighbor heard a loud noise and called the cops and the cops called me and my emergency team" "We than put you on a donors list for new eyes but then we realize we had some already... we used your dead fathers eyes" Then after that he can now see all the stuff that made his father go crazy.

lol. My mod? I'm focused on making it good, regardless of how super-origional or typical it may appear on the surface.

I still can't over the fact that Operation Everlasting Shadow is in the top 3 of well known mods... someone who is new to the community has heard of us :eek:

Damn, Sniper's been doing a good job :)

Anyway... yeah, thanks for the interest :)

I was referring to the 3 mods you mentioned in the first post, I was just chuffed that OES was one of them :)

Thank you.

There's always mine, but then I haven't thought about a proper name for it yet so I guess it would make it difficult to be put on any list wouldn't it :)

Maybe I should do a competition, winning name gets used :D

how bout sharing the your Idea in *.cpp or even *.dsw ??? gyehahea..

I'm working on my own in my MOD now, no projectiles type of gun, but u can throw any weapon u have..., ...,. No WEB's yet, I'll throw it on the final rel........... nope. beta release.

wow nice screenshots on Jungle Mist, are you using the beta to test your mod out? Or how are you within those maps? Graphics look more like the original HL engine than a new one, but what do I know? I didn't even download the beta

http://opcoin.hl2files.com

Operation: CO-IN - Just click the link, read the intro page and if you don't like, press the X at the top right :)

Like SideX said 'not a CS clone.' Those who think it is are extremely naive...

Back