login problem with Steam

O

outlier

Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me out. I bought the HL2 disks about a year ago and played them for maybe 10 hours before I got really busy. In the interim a computer died and I bought a new one. I loaded HL2 on again and then tried using it last night. I can't log in. It keeps saying 'wrong username or password". When I ask it to send the forgotten password to my account is says it has sent a file to my e-mail but it never shows up. When I manually entered my e-mail address it said it would send the password but again it doesn't show up. I'm at my wits end. Is my ISP screening spam or something and not letting the e-mail come through or is Steam the problem????

Thx.

you need to log onto the ORIGINAL ACCOUNT that you made when you very first installed the game a year ago. ONLY that account can play your copy of hl2 etc. DONT try to make another account and use your cd key again - your just wasting your time. if you have forgotten the name/password of the steam account, or no longer have access to the email account that your steam account is set to, youre screwed. also, check your spam box in your email perhaps, if youre sure you have the right one.

you need to log onto the ORIGINAL ACCOUNT that you made when you very first installed the game a year ago. ONLY that account can play your copy of hl2 etc. DONT try to make another account and use your cd key again - your just wasting your time. if you have forgotten the name/password of the steam account, or no longer have access to the email account that your steam account is set to, youre screwed. also, check your spam box in your email perhaps, if youre sure you have the right one.

Not true.

Contact Valve Billing and Support and Create an Incident Report.

It will take bloody ages though, so be warned.

Back