Lookie, everybody! It's FGD time again!

Raeven0

Reaction score
http://www.editlife.net/files/customfgd.php

These handy little documents are entity definition files. They tell Hammer what entities it's allowed to make, as well as their properties and their appearances in the editor. Keep your FGDs up-to-date and you'll always be able to place fishes in your CS:S maps, place planted tripmines in your HL2DM maps, and make just about anything translucent. And other cool stuff.

Installation instructions are on the page listed. Notable changes in this update include:

Code:
In HL2 and CS:S:
* Removed various nonfunctional, redundant, or obsolete [i]e[/i]ntities
* Added item_sodacan for cans that need I/O
* Added note that env_beverage and item_sodacan need a m[i]o[/i]dels/can.mdl, and added a link to Groundflyer's custom can
* Added RenderFields inheritance to Studiomodel base as well as several other entities that needed it
* Added properties and inputs to light_environment to allow it to be dynamic
* Corrected several entities in which a single typo completely broke a certain property
* Improved entity documentations

In CS:S:
* Added the following entities: ammo_338mag; ammo_357sig; ammo_45acp; ammo_50ae; ammo_556mm_box; ammo_556mm; ammo_57mm;
   ammo_762mm; ammo_9mm; ammo_buckshot; item_nvgs; point_devshot_camera; spark_shower
* Added the aforementioned ammo and item entities to game_player_equip
* Removed keyframe_rope parenting warning and added a more informative warning to the documentations of all entities that aren't reset upon newround

The complete changelog over all released versions is at the bottom of that page. I hadn't noticed how long it really is... Be sure to read my note above the changelog, too; it's only a few paragraphs long.

Well, go set your players on fire with this. It's fun!

Wow great, this will surely make some more interesting maps. Thanks.

Hehe. Small technical difficulty. I forgot a single " in ambient_generic in the HL2 FGD; probably completely screwed up the property and maybe even the whole entity. Download's fixed now; it is hoped that not many of you have a broken copy.

HOLY BURNING CAMEL OF ARABIA! You got ammo for CSS ?? How? .. what i know is that ammo DOSN'T excist! wow wow .. this is awsome ^^

Last Steam update added the ammo entities. To my knowledge, Valve's FGDs don't include them.

Freelancer said:
HOLY BURNING CAMEL OF ARABIA! You got ammo for CSS ?? How? .. what i know is that ammo DOSN'T excist! wow wow .. this is awsome ^^

Wow some people are so easy to excite.

Freelancer said:
Who told you this?

That CS:S includes ammo entities, or that Valve's FGDs don't include them?

The former: http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=426
Groundflyer tested them. They work.

The latter: I checked Valve's FGDs and didn't find them. I'm pretty sure I refreshed my SDK content recently, but I'll do it again to be sure.
[edit: yep, cstrike.fgd contains no ammo entities.]

Ammo, armor, and nightvision are all invisible in-game, unfortunately. They can still be picked up.

Oh, But why did valve add them at all? Thay arnt using them or something .. :|

Valve crumbled under pressure from the community, which pressure, to my knowledge, consisted largely of hundreds of Steampowered idiots screaming "GIVE US AMMO OR WE BOMB WASHINGTON!" Even according to the Steam news page, they're for use with FY maps.

...If this means they're going to implement an official AS scenario soon, well, more power to 'em...

So thay release something for the community that nooone can use unless thay change FGD? oh my

I was under the impression that the FGD updated itself automatically when a new version was downloaded under Steam?

Or do the updates simply mean it is available to add to custom FGD's, such as yours?

Btw, using the custom fgd, love it :)

Valve's FGDs update themselves according to the changes Valve's coders make. Generally you must use the Refresh SDK Content tool to get new copies of them. The changes that I make are just to my replacements for those FGDs since I don't have access to the Steam content servers (would that I did...).

Freelancer, users can still create ammo entities without a new FGD by creating a point-entity and changing its Classname to one of the ammo classnames. Users can also use game_player_equip without a new FGD by manually entering the classnames of the weapons and items they'd like to give. But why do it that way when it can all show up in the editor ;)

In next version can you add parentname to spawn points? And stuffs similar to that?

Already done, but I'm gonna need a few more earth-shaking changes before 1.0.8 is worthy of release. ;)

Is it possible to turn on and off certain spawn points? Is there a trigger thing to do so on toutch *filter CT* -> CT Wins ?

You can turn off a spawn point by sending it a Kill input; you can spawn it again with a point_template. Valve haven't given us a game_endround entity, and probably never will.

Well, wait. Point_template won't work for entities that aren't reset upon newround, so I guess you could kill the spawn points but not spawn them back again. Hmm...

Suppose, then, that you put all the spawn points in a hollow box outside the map, with a teleporter under each of them, corresponding to info_targets in the main map. You could then move the info_targets around with point_teleports. Aye?

Hm I need a teleporter under eatch spawn point for safier telport will take time >_>

Raeven0 said:
Well, wait. Point_template won't work for entities that aren't reset upon newround, so I guess you could kill the spawn points but not spawn them back again. Hmm...

Suppose, then, that you put all the spawn points in a hollow box outside the map, with a teleporter under each of them, corresponding to info_targets in the main map. You could then move the info_targets around with point_teleports. Aye?

that's how we had to do it in HL1 :D

In HL1 it took a lot more work to move teleport destinations around. ;)

yeah I think one of my maps had around 150 point entities just for the spawns.. oy

Back