Looking for Software

Lupus

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this post should be here, but it seemed the most appropriate place. I'm trying to find some software to buy (with a license), so have been looking around to try and find older versions of things like Maya (eg. version 4 or a bit earlier), lightwave, XSI etc. I don't have thousands to spend on new stuff and an older version should have everything I need anyway. I've been searching on the net (google, ebay) and so far not had any luck (can only find the newest versions). Does anyone know a place where I would be able to find any of these?

You never said what kind of software you were looking for or what you were going to use it for.

Hazar Dakiri said:
You never said what kind of software you were looking for or what you were going to use it for.

Models and Skins section! ;)

Lupus said:
like Maya (eg. version 4 or a bit earlier), lightwave, XSI etc.

Another clue I had in my problem solving processesssss. :D

Lupus said:
I'm not sure if this post should be here, but it seemed the most appropriate place. I'm trying to find some software to buy (with a license), so have been looking around to try and find older versions of things like Maya (eg. version 4 or a bit earlier), lightwave, XSI etc. I don't have thousands to spend on new stuff and an older version should have everything I need anyway. I've been searching on the net (google, ebay) and so far not had any luck (can only find the newest versions). Does anyone know a place where I would be able to find any of these?

Check around the major forums and sites for a particular program, and sometimes ebay and see if you can find older versions going cheap. I know you can usually pick up old legit copies of Lightwave and then part exchange them for the most current version which usually works out cheaper than buying it outright.

For the real bargins though, you wont find them on here or any site like this. Look through usenet, there's often people selling on there, you'll be able to see who the pro's who are above board are to those trying to flog illegal copies. So you shouldn't get burned if your careful.

Cheers. Sorry should have said, but didn't think too appropriate here (advertising mods etc. for other games is frowned upon :) ). Basically some of us from the mechwarrior community are going to be making our own game, so I was wanting some good software I am already quite familiar with, with a license so I can legally use the models I make in it. I've been looking at free software, but so far they just don't seem to gel with me. So was hoping to find something for a reasonable price (hence older version).
I'll check usenet, cheers :)

Pendragon said:
Any particular reason you need the full version? The trials/learning editions of nearly everything are perfectly good for most uses. Someone said a while back that if you don't have the money for a license, you don't yet need it.

you gotta be kidding me,, mayaPLE is a joke,, you can't even export the content you make with it to a commercial version if get the money down the line,, done even get me started on the watermark

here's my suggestion, are you a full time student? if so you can get a 1 year license of maya for 600$ or a 1 year license of XSI for 295$!

I belive 3dsmax has a similar deal too

btw: is this an HL2 thing,, cause if so you have XSI :D

more than enugh to work withm,, and the watermark doesnt get in the way

Back