Looking to purchase a headset

Shamrock

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I've been scrounging the internet for a good headset. I've found some I liked but didn't have something I want, etc etc..

Anyway, what I've come down to is I want a headset that will play music awesomely, can play games awesomely, and has a very good, clear microphone. This will be used mostly for games and for the immersion so I was thinking a 5.1 set would sound great and maybe force feedback would be a good feature as well. I've been looking at a couple and read a bunch of reviews, and here are two thus far that I've come up with:

Please if you have any experience with these or if you just want to share your opinions on headsets and such, let me know.

What I want
Games sound crystal clear
Music sounds awesome at best
Microphone is not staticy and doesn't pick up background noise. Noise cancellation duh.
Under 60$

Thanks HELPLIFE2.net.

I second this, so whatever advice you give Shamrock I will also take.

Thanks Shamrock!

I second this, so whatever advice you give Shamrock I will also take.

Thanks Shamrock!

Hey you are welcome K[stop]A[stop]! I just hope everyone advises us with goodness and not lead us down a path of despair and doom. :(

I had the steelseries 4h which was pretty good. The wire is a bit flimsy, and it became unsoldered because my siblings used it and pulled on it a lot.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249024

So now I use the 5h v2 with its braided (and very pulling resistant) cables. The 4h and 5h v2 have the same sound quality, the 4h is cheaper. I got my 5h for less than $60, but I can't see one online that's near that price.

Oh look a headphone thread...

I accidentally a whole pair of these off ebay.

Is this bad?

(hasn't arrived yet)

Anything from Sennheiser, they can be pricey so I'm not sure if they'll have anything in your price bracket, their stuff is top notch. Research some etailers in the states, I only know of UK ones like this

I hear razer has a couple headsets out too (think something called the barracuda) But that's really pricey last time I looked.

Anything from Sennheiser, they can be pricey so I'm not sure if they'll have anything in your price bracket, their stuff is top notch. Research some etailers in the states, I only know of UK ones like this

I hear razer has a couple headsets out too (think something called the barracuda) But that's really pricey last time I looked.

I heard razer was coming out with a headset like $700? It it supposed to have like its own sound card and other fancy stuff in it. Maybe i am just hearing things.

I remember that. It was supposed to be cutting edge direction specific stereo surround. Too expensive to catch on if it's really $700

Steelseries Siberia, probably the most intelligent headset out there.

For some reason, every pair of headphones I get, the mic dies. I don't know what it is! It's not like I pull on it all the time, or throw it around. Mic's just hate me :(

I'll keep my eyes open, as i hate the headphones I have now.

For some reason, every pair of headphones I get, the mic dies. I don't know what it is! It's not like I pull on it all the time, or throw it around. Mic's just hate me :(

I'll keep my eyes open, as i hate the headphones I have now.

Same here. I am hoping to get a headset sometime (maybe for my birthday tomorrow). Not too expensive, but still have a decent sound quality and a mic.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836504001

This was the one I was looking at, though methinks people may scold me for considering this one (I dont know anything bout headsets).

Back