Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Original Star Wars?

Better Trilogy?

• Lord of the Rings

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 46 63.9%

• Total voters

SenorDingDong

Reaction score
Which is the better trilogy of the two? I guess if you want you can include the prequels for Star Wars but I doubt anyone would vote for those since, Episode 3 was really the only good one.

Oh man, this is gonna be one big flame war... :upstare:

Star Wars of course, it's classic.

Lord of the Rings. As much as I enjoy watching SW, it just doesn't have the same tale-feeling, if you know what I'm saying.

PoeticRocker said:
Indiana Jones!

hmmmm

I suppose I could have added that to the list as well. But it doesn't have quite as much of a following as these two.

PoeticRocker said:
Indiana Jones!
For sheer fun, Id actually second that.
I voted LOTR, the movies are just much better made, thought I love star wars too.

Star Wars! Though I also liked Lord of the Tings.

PoeticRocker said:
Indiana Jones!

Something tells me that was off-subject :D , but yeah, I kind of know were your going with this...

Indiana Jones it is then :cheers:

As much as I like Star Wars, no movie ever made can match the ammount of detail that went into the Lord of the Rings.

Lord of the Rings for the win!!1

Star Wars, it did so much for the Genre and movie making in general.
Plus i grew up watching them, and they still rock now!

Well yeah..but people'll be saying that about LOTR in 20 years.

does LOTR have lasers and robots and other cool shit? ....no....star wars for teh mega win

:cheers: Yoda pwns them little punk ass hobbits.

Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings are actually very similar movies, just set in different worlds.

Both deal with an unlikely hero that is thrust into a war by a good friend and an acquantence - Obi Wan and Gandalf. The biggest difference though, apart from the setting, is that Star Wars is much happier and a lot more clear, you have a bad guy vs a good guy.

I have the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Indiana Jones box sets! I refer Lord of the Rings personally, but then again I never was heavily into Star Wars. Lord of the Rings is just so much more engrossing; there's literally a whole world Tolkien has created, and you can really feel the authenticity, almost like Tolkien made the film himself. I'm glad it didn't have the songs though... *shudders*

Star Wars

Cause its a classic and has so much cooler bad guys.

ailevation said:
:cheers: Yoda pwns them little punk ass hobbits.

It's sad though.
When he says "Go into exile I must, failed I have." or something.

did yoda ever "almost kill a friend" with his lightsaber? I didn't see anything that would have caused him to bury it like he said on dagobah.

lotr was boring as hell, would've been better as one compressed movie. while I'm not all that into star wars either, it's vastly superior to lotr.

The Star Wars Universe is by far the largest fictious universe ever created though. Theres so much going on, Middle Earth is tiny in comparison.

Star wars, you just cant beat a light saber and the force, they'd own Gandalf.

Out of Star Wars and The Lord of the Tings, I choose Star Wars.

Out of Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings, I choose LOTR.

Sure I liked the Star Wars movies, but I don't think they're deserved of all the craze that surrounds them.

Star Wars you fools! So many aspects of modern film making came out of that trilogy.

dart321 said:
Star Wars you fools! So many aspects of modern film making came out of that trilogy.

Not really dart, it's basically just a western set in space- all of it's appealing aspects were straight out of western movies- nothing really came out of it except increased use of models and such. You could say Lord of the Rings did the same for computer animation and cgi in movies, but i don't think it had the same large effect.
btw, i voted for Star Wars, just not because it was revolutionary, because it wasn't.

J_Tweedy said:
Not really dart, it's basically just a western set in space- all of it's appealing aspects were straight out of western movies- nothing really came out of it except increased use of models and such. You could say Lord of the Rings did the same for computer animation and cgi in movies, but i don't think it had the same large effect.
btw, i voted for Star Wars, just not because it was revolutionary, because it wasn't.

actually LOTR cant claim that about CGI, because Star Wars Episode 1 really did it first.

When in the mood for fantasy its LotR
When in the mood for Sci-Fi its Star Wars

I am never in the mood for both at the same time which means I can never compare the two.

J_Tweedy said:

Actually, because of George Lucas and Star Wars, all movies are edited digitally now thanks to his in-house editing system developed for SW. George Lucas and Star Wars are the reason behind modern-day NLE's that all movie production studios use now.

And don't even get me started about THX and Lucasart's sound department. Sorry to say, SW has done a lot more for films than LOTR, no matter what you think of the films themselves.

Back