lostcoast!

Reaction score
you can get ready for loast coast right now, goto lost coast on all games snd scroll to the bottom and push install. if it says something about ram,cpu, or video card push install, it will then close and you can push install agian on loast coast to download but it will only put it on your desktop ;( .

either thier getting ready for loast coast or their trying to drive us crazy.

Well obviously they're getting ready for Lost Coast, they're releasing it at the end of the month..

It still says "Not yet released" and the Install button is greyed out.
Case Closed.

go into the all games list and click the lost coast button , then you will see it and it goes nowhere as i said above ;)

yay I got Lost Coast on my desktop now!
Now if only my computer was anywhere near the recommendations...(the only thing I meet is the RAM!)

YES! I've got a unplayable lost coast on my desktop, after a 1kb download:D

Nice to see things are getting ready for a preload..finally:p

The Lost Coast is comming?!?! Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

IAmAI, why are you getting so hyped up about it? It's only one level, and quite short too. Sure, graphics are nice, but not THAT nice.

Cukel said:
IAmAI, why are you getting so hyped up about it? It's only one level, and quite short too. Sure, graphics are nice, but not THAT nice.

YES! It is THAT nice! It's 15 quality minuttes made by VALVe:D

YES! It is THAT nice! It's 15 quality minuttes made by VALVe

Hmm, depends at what speed you play it really, the graphics are just going to be amazing especially with HDR so i'll probably spend 2 hours just exploring the tiniest place or observing ever single object possible at all differen't angles :D

Drackard said:
Hmm, depends at what speed you play it really, the graphics are just going to be amazing especially with HDR so i'll probably spend 2 hours just exploring the tiniest place or observing ever single object possible at all differen't angles :D

It is highly unlikely you will get 2 hours out of Lost Coast.

Samon said:
It is highly unlikely you will get 2 hours out of Lost Coast.

It's not impssible. If you do like he said, watching everything every different angles...well...time goes...I think I will use about half a houre, I used 30+ on half life 2 first time trough, using the "check every corner for goodies"-tactic :D

Lies Samon, i'll record it just to show you that i can do :p

BTW, with the release of Lost Coast, will HL2 have HDR as well?

It's hard to say, I thought they had to go through and enable HDR on individual maps.

Unfocused said:

No. Valve said it'd be too complicated.

But Aftermath will have HDR. :naughty:

The basic reason why HL2 maps wont get HDR is because they would all have to be recompiled with HDR. Plus, since they wern't made with HDR in mind they wont look that good. All in all it would be a 2gig+ download for the new maps, it just isn't worth it.

Unfocused said:

Since the DoD:S release HL2's got its HDRR, you can turn it on with mat_hdr_enabled 1. ;)
Valve has promised to update HL2 with HDR content.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/06/14/hl2_hdr_overview/4.html

"And will HDR be retrofitted to the full Half Life 2 game? IGN quotes a Valve rep cornered at E3 who said that 'HDR would be partially implemented in HL2 in a future patch' but completely recoding the lighting was off the cards, for two reasons: the required download would total approx 5GB (!), and also that Valve feel that certain sections of the game play better with standard rendering."

Hello, I don't post here much, but like everyone anticipating Lost Coast - now steam tells me that the download will be 855 megs! :( For unlucky folk like me on dialup, that means it's virtually a no-no. Do you think that any of the games mags will burn a copy to a dvd and then on-release it? that's the only real way of me getting the game. here's hopiong :)

Yay, the revolution is almost here. We can pre-load it!

Better to have low expectations and be positively surprised, than to have high expectations and feel let down...

Disclaimer: IMO :)

Cukel said:
Actually, there was an element of sarcasm in my post - it seems like Valve have been talking about releasing The Lost Coast for months and it really feels like its dragging on, for no reason at all - They've already released DoD:S with HDR, so why couldn't they have released TLC? TLC should have been the first Source HDR game to be released, not DoD:S.

Nonetheless, I am still hyped - I am anticipating that TLC is going to be a major visual sceptical and will be worth every one of the 15 minutes (and it's free anyway).

Back