Razak

Reaction score
Alright my system specs are:

P4 2.4 ghz
512 mb pc800 RDRAM
ATI 9800 pro 128mb
40 gig hd
audigy 2

Now i was running aquamark 3 and i kept getting a score around 31000. Now that is pretty low for the card i have. I should at least getting up in the 40000's. I was wondering if a doubled my RDRAM to 1024 mb would that increase my score? I do not know anything else that could be hampering my speed. My processor cannot be bottlenecking it. All i can think is that my RDRAM is do it. Any suggestions? Should i double my ram?

I would think this benchmark is not like 3dmark2k3 in that it mainly benchmarks the gfx card. The system as a whole affects the results in all gaming benchmarks (except 3dmark2k3).
I'm guessing your P4 2.4 ghz is an older version and does not have 800FSB but rather 533?
Even if you were to have a P4 2.4ghz with 800FSB/PC3200 DDR I do not think you would match systems running 3.2ghz and a 9800Pro. It would be closer but not the same. The difference is much steeper among system results with gaming benchmarks rather than in 3dmark2k3 using the same Gfx card.

i didnt use 3d marks, i used aquamark 3. Ive read other peoples benchmarks using AMD processors around 2 ghz with a 9700 pro getting scores in the 40000.

Try defragging and removing all background operations and try again.

***Igneri *edit*: Dont make comments like that again, that was unnecessary.

Do you have all AA/AF off? Move the slider under the D3D settings all theway to the left, turning off all the goodies and allowing more performance. This is how you run benches.

Originally posted by azz0r
oh boo hoo. Poor you and your 30'000 score :rolleyes:

I didnt pay money for something to work half-ass in performance. No need for smart ass comments

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Do you have all AA/AF off? Move the slider under the D3D settings all theway to the left, turning off all the goodies and allowing more performance. This is how you run benches.

ahhh i did that and got a 34000 score. If I doubling my RAM still, would that improve much?

*Igneri edit: Please dont double post.

Originally posted by Razak
I didnt pay money for something to work half-ass in performance. No need for smart ass comments

ahhh i did that and got a 34000 score. If I doubling my RAM still, would that improve much?

*Igneri edit: Please dont double post.

I KNEW you'd be selective about what I posted. Check my next paragraph smart arse.

If you have ended all processes under your name (other than aquamark and explorer) Your system will proberly not be using the 512MB of RAM completly, so increasing that wouldn't really make a highe diffrence. Maybe around 500 points max.

Also, most people with those high score proberly either have a better CPU and/or have overclocked thier videocard.

Also, AMD chips shouldn't be meausred in Ghz....

Originally posted by azz0r
I KNEW you'd be selective about what I posted. Check my next paragraph smart arse.

Man grow up, i read it all. Just because you added some helpful input doesnt mean what you said before that is ok to say.

Also sorry about that double post and about the AMD i was only making a comparison to 2 ghz.

I tested it all out again and got 37000. Thanks for all your help.

Man, that benchmark sucks, I was getting a constant 19,500. I swicthed ALL my drivers, ALL! Nothing. I ****ing formatted! Nothing! I bought more ram! Nothing! I bought a new CPU cooler! Nothing! It was my motherboard.. my motherboard has these settings, "Normal, Fast & Ultra." I switched it from ''ULTRA'' to ''FAST''. Then I scored a 44,500! I still hate this benchmark. It's the only benchmark that didn't work properly with my config. I wouldnt recommend it, especially if you're looking for a DX9 bench. :/

Get rid of the RDram and buy 512 MB of PC3200, works way better and costs less.

Originally posted by nsxownzme
Man, that benchmark sucks, I was getting a constant 19,500. I swicthed ALL my drivers, ALL! Nothing. I ****ing formatted! Nothing! I bought more ram! Nothing! I bought a new CPU cooler! Nothing! It was my motherboard.. my motherboard has these settings, "Normal, Fast & Ultra." I switched it from ''ULTRA'' to ''FAST''. Then I scored a 44,500! I still hate this benchmark. It's the only benchmark that didn't work properly with my config. I wouldnt recommend it, especially if you're looking for a DX9 bench. :/

considering the selection of DX9 benchs is piss poor at the moment.....we should take what we can get.

Im not much about hardware and stuff. All i know is that i pop it in and then install the drivers. Can i change my memory without changing my motherboard? Can i install PC3200 on my current motherboard? I know nothing about this stuff.

Back