low fps in antlion troopers

ktimekiller

Companion Cube
Reaction score
i tried even everything on lowest settings and i can never get higher than 10 fps, and when i was playing single player, i never went under 30 except on anti citizen, whats going on?

Because its a huge scripted map with 100s of units thinking and moving at once

well, even with the low definition one, i still lag, and btw jesus, i think you owe me an apolizy because you accused me of being that spammer last month

i find it fun for a few min but it gets boring cant wait for new better mods

it'll be better if he can get it working coopertively in HL2DM

But even just for the single player... have the opening bit a little longer, instead of all the antlions just on top of you once the minute is up you should have gunners firing at them herding in from teh desert but evertually get bigger and bigger until they can't hold them back anymore

The reason the map gets choppy is not due to graphical settings so much as it is CPU power. If you've ever spawned lots of NPCs on a map, you've noticed that even when not looking at them, your FPS drops down to quite a low level. Your CPU must perform all of the AI features of each unit, including the dead ones, because they can still be moved around by gunpower. So, now, mix 5 or 6 turrets, about 8 or 10 Combine, and 100+ antlions, you've got a weeping CPU. I bet only people with FX CPUs and decent video cards, such as 9800 pro+ can play this map smoothly.

/will hold off till he gets a amd64 3200+ next week :)

Jesus Lincoln said:
Because its a huge scripted map with 100s of units thinking and moving at once

Yup. There's also a lower quality version out. That map is awesome. The music adds a great touch.

Jesus Lincoln said:
did i hurt your feelings?
you bet, i felt so terrible! why did you accuse me of being that idiotic spammer? did i flame you or something?

because i knew you had recently been banned and usually people who get banned get in a pissy fit and make a new name to spam. you were just the first name that came to mind

sorry for ruining your great reputation

Malfunction said:
The reason the map gets choppy is not due to graphical settings so much as it is CPU power. If you've ever spawned lots of NPCs on a map, you've noticed that even when not looking at them, your FPS drops down to quite a low level. Your CPU must perform all of the AI features of each unit, including the dead ones, because they can still be moved around by gunpower. So, now, mix 5 or 6 turrets, about 8 or 10 Combine, and 100+ antlions, you've got a weeping CPU. I bet only people with FX CPUs and decent video cards, such as 9800 pro+ can play this map smoothly.

i got an amd 64 3.2 (only running at 2.4 atm) with a pooey 9600 xt with af aa on 2x and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom except when...

that huge mother ant lion spawns, for 2 seconds it drops to 1 fps. Weird..

Jesus Lincoln said:
because i knew you had recently been banned and usually people who get banned get in a pissy fit and make a new name to spam. you were just the first name that came to mind

sorry for ruining your great reputation
hey im not a 6 year old ****tard that make a new account just to spam.

well..... you shouldnt have jumped to conclusions..... ive been here for a long time, and i think someone that sticks for a place in a long time doesnt just make an new account just to spam

oh boohoo, i said it might have been you, are you crying in your bed? is your reputation ruined?

why do you care so much
we dont even know you

Jesus Lincoln, you did the same to me... but congratulations, you currently have 999 posts, just one more till quadrulple digits!

yeah Lincoln you also did the same to me, WHY!!!
JUST KIDDING I LOVE YOU

i aint crying, and you didnnt say it might have been, you said its me, and you said it in both posts where the spammer spammed, so ya, you didnt say it might, you said it is, twice

You've got it all wrong bros.

The max people on at the beginning are the combine, the turrets, and 15 antlions at one time.

For the high version 25 ragdolls are in map at once

Low end has only 5 ragdolls.

If you have AA on that really pains the fps.

And furthermore its doesnt seem to be very standard on every pc. Some people who have same setups get different fps big time.

Like my dad only has a 9800 pro and has it all on high settings with high version and for the most part his runs smooth as butter.

well, i got 9800pro 2.26ghz 512mb ram, and i run regular hl2 fine, and i dont have any aa or af on, i already checked the settings on properties. at first, where there is no antlions, i get 80 fps or higher, when the antlions start pouring out, i get 10

Back