Máximum Entities Help

maveryck21

Reaction score
Hi there
I'have made a map but it gives me an error when i try to compile it. Here is my compile log:

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\PROGRAMAS\VALVE\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\LABPSICOM\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Programas\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Os meus documentos\PTSD_FINAL\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jan 19 2005)
2 threads
materialPath: C:\Programas\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2\materials
Loading C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Os meus documentos\PTSD_FINAL\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.vmf
Brush 7059: num_entities == MAX_MAP_ENTITIES
Side 5
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSSKYBOX

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\PROGRAMAS\VALVE\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\LABPSICOM\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Programas\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\labpsicom\half-life 2\hl2" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Os meus documentos\PTSD_FINAL\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Dec 15 2004)
2 threads
reading c:\documents and settings\administrator\os meus documentos\ptsd_final\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\administrator\os meus documentos\ptsd_final\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\PROGRAMAS\VALVE\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\LABPSICOM\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe (Mar 8 2005)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[45 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\documents and settings\administrator\os meus documentos\ptsd_final\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\administrator\os meus documentos\ptsd_final\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Os meus documentos\PTSD_FINAL\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp" "C:\PROGRAMAS\VALVE\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\LABPSICOM\half-life 2\hl2\maps\MAPA_NOVO_EXPJUNCAO.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"O sistema não conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificad

I think that i have to much entities, i have 6200 entities almost of them are static props. Is there a problem?

Thanks for any help

Yeah man...what kind of entity shit are you doing? :eek:

StardogChampion said:
It looks like you have over 7000 brushes too...

Nah, the brush number listed is just a number by which the brush is identified. I think they go up into the hundred thousands.

Cool, your Windows speaks Portuguese! Mine used to do that so I asked my wife to buy me a new one...

Anyway, how the heck do you get 6200 entities in a map? Must be a forest built next to a zoo or something.:eek:

Back