M4A1 whole set

KrAyZiE

Reaction score
12220img.jpg

man thats insane good, hey btw can i see ur reference pictures, ive been haveing trouble finding good reference pictures of the M-4 thxs.

waedoe said:
ive been haveing trouble finding good reference pictures of the M-4 thxs.
How long have you looked? 5 minutes?

The model looks great, although I cannot see much due to the render.

Very nice, are you going to texture it? Or is it finished?

Very Nice Job. Would be nice to fire that grenade launcher ...

the m4a1 without any mod on it is like around 3,500

3500 Damn man, i thought mine was crazy at 3000 i still think its crazy. Nice model though bigger render would be sweet :D. You might wanna leave some detail to the skin rather than geometry, but its your model :p.

exellent modle, though the poly count sounds like it'll bring peoples systems to a studder with all the mods on.... maybe a wireframe?

bam!

nice model

also isnt the HL2 v_weapon rate around 3500?

• First of all, its not optimized
  • Second of all, HL2 can take around 4000 polys, its just that the people at HL2 are choosing to make ther models around 2000
  • HL1 supported 3500 polys
  • It wont slow down anything, in fact, yoell feel the same as if it were 5 polys :)

HL2 can take 8 million polys. It's not a limitation of the engine. It's only a limitation the people's systems. I assure you it will most definatly be noticble between a 5 poly and a 3500 poly weapon. Think of what the engine has to render in one second. Model Data. Diffuse maps. Normal Maps. Bump Maps. Spec maps. Light maps. Reflection maps. Other maps. Calculate physics. Render audio. Updated view. Repeat.

The more poyls you throw in there, the longer it'll take to do those things.

but like I said, it's a good model, regardless.

SidewinderX143 said:
HL2 can take 8 million polys. It's not a limitation of the engine. It's only a limitation the people's systems. I assure you it will most definatly be noticble between a 5 poly and a 3500 poly weapon. Think of what the engine has to render in one second. Model Data. Diffuse maps. Normal Maps. Bump Maps. Spec maps. Light maps. Reflection maps. Other maps. Calculate physics. Render audio. Updated view. Repeat.

The more poyls you throw in there, the longer it'll take to do those things.

but like I said, it's a good model, regardless.

Exactly nicely said i think you got everything :p. Higher the p count slower the render time (FPS). But i guess we all have to wait until HL2 is released before we can judge. Nice model :)

It´s a great model. Is it textured? Have you made other models?

yes i have made many many more models, no its not textured, if you want refs email me

its a nice model and all but couldn't those details on the forgrip and a few others be added using normal maps ? you are using the hl2 engine. it might be a good idea for you to learn how to use the shaders to save polys
but good job

I think you guys misunderstood my question,, I meant polycount relative to system performance,, not the maximum engine limit,, IE: what are the average polycounts for HL2 v_weaps?

I know what you mean but you did not ask it correctly again. Do you mean what would be an average polycount for an hl2 v_model that would run on most computers smoothly???

sisqo said:
its a nice model and all but couldn't those details on the forgrip and a few others be added using normal maps ? you are using the hl2 engine. it might be a good idea for you to learn how to use the shaders to save polys
but good job

no i couldnt have used a normal map because when you change rate of fire he will switch the little knob and when you reload he will use that too, etc.

Pendragon said:
Great model, it's neat to see all those mods laying around it (great render too). What are the things in the bottom middle?

its called a RIS system, you use it when you wanna attatch a grenade launcher, stick grip, reflex, ladder sight, etc.

heres some pics i used for the RIS reference
http://noradairsoft.**********/Intel/M4RIS/image001.jpg
http://noradairsoft.**********/Intel/M4RIS/image007.jpg
http://noradairsoft.**********/Intel/M4RIS/image005.jpg

pretty nice model...but way too many polies, a good skin could get the same look with half the polies

Back