Mafia II to use Steamworks

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1279725572_mafia2-logo.jpg
[br]
Valve and 2K Games today announced an agreement to power all PC versions of the highly anticipated Mafia® II with a host of Steamworks features. All Mafia II players will enjoy the benefits of the Steamworks features included in all PC versions, such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements, statistics, downloadable content, and more.[br]Customers who pre-order the standard or Digital Deluxe Edition of Mafia II through select digital retailers, including Steam, will be given a free digital copy of the award-winning original Mafia® game that they can access and play now.
[br]The list of games using the Steamworks toolset is always increasing, it will be interesting to see how different games will use it.

Nice, though I'll probably have to get this for the X360. And I'll wait for the reviews as well, even though I loved Mafia 1.

Hell yes, have been looking for new gameplay videos every few days on Youtube, good news kept coming(except for the fancy physics effects being based on physX), and this puts my hype-o-meter on 100% :D

GRAPHICS WHORE EDIT: The good and bad sides of the graphics

Looks like more and more developers are turning towards Steam for PC releases. Somehow I am expecting for Games for Windows Live fanboys to bash Steam and plan to boycott the PC release because it uses Steamworks over Games for Windows Live. They did this with Fallout New Vegas.

Looks like more and more developers are turning towards Steam for PC releases. Somehow I am expecting for Games for Windows Live fanboys to bash Steam and plan to boycott the PC release because it uses Steamworks over Games for Windows Live. They did this with Fallout New Vegas.

GFWL has fan boys? That must be a really small club.

GFWL has fan boys? That must be a really small club.

Yup, believe it or not. They're a small minority but they are pretty extreme. Some go as far as to troll other forums and comments sections. Yeah, that'll make GFWL real popular. :rolleyes:

Always wanted to play the original. Only ever had the demo. Didn't think much of that, though, tbh.

Awesome, been waiting for this game for the last four years :p. I might have to get it for the 360 though, the pc specs are a bit intimidating. But there's a demo coming in a couple of weeks, so I'll see how well it runs anyway.

Shame that it seems that this game is going to be singleplayer only unless I've heard wrong :(

I want this game... But I didn't want to spend 50-60 dollars right now... What do I do?

I agree with some textures being a bit average, but remember this is an open world game, so they need to keep things running well.

Anyway, If I can put up with Deus ex I can put up with this!

Yup, already there are GFWL fanboys bashing Steam and claiming they'll skip out on the PC version just because it's using Steam. In fact, I've noticed on the GFWL forums that "InGlocksWeTrust" tends to bash Steam and it's fans lately everytime a PC title is announced to use Steamworks. I reported this pathetic little troll to the forum admins several times but they seem to do nothing. Any wonder why I left the forums long ago?

Anyways, I'd better get back on topic here. I have heard of the first Mafia game but never tried it out. How was it? And will Mafia 2 play similar to the first one?

Mafia is total awesome and getting it for free is makes it very tempting to get the PC version. However I worry the PC version is a naff port of a console version.

Further more it's likly to be fun over xbox live and generally a fun social game when mates are round and your sitting in the living room.

Mafia is total awesome and getting it for free is makes it very tempting to get the PC version.

But Mafia 1 is already free and you already know that since you posted in the other thread. :?

Mafia is total awesome and getting it for free is makes it very tempting to get the PC version. However I worry the PC version is a naff port of a console version.

There's a demo coming on the 10th of August for all 3 platforms, so you could always try that for the PC version.

Back