Emporius

Space Core
Reaction score
So we tried logging into our accounts one day only to find this:

(On XP)

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program:\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unuasual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

So basically windows gave us the good old "**** you", so we installed another set of Windows that we choose to run when we boot up. From there, we can access the files of everyone in my family through the hard drive, because they didn't passwords on their accounts. I did, so every time we try to interact the the 'Emporius' folder it says it is not accessible, and access is denied.

Is there anyway to circumvent to remove the password from my position?

I'm pretty sure you could install a search program like Everything, use it to list the contents of your folder, then pull the files out individually.

Jesus ****ing christ Gaz. Someone ban this guy please.

You can change permissions in folders if you boot in to safemode (if you have xp home or vista home). Once in safemode just right click the folder access is denied to, click the security tab, click on advanced. From there go to the owner tab, click on your name under "change owner to" then hit apply. It will give you access to all the files/folders inside of that folder assuming you didn't use any kind of encryption.

Thanks much. I stumbled around for a bit but finally got access to the files I need.

Back