Making ladders?

Pennington

Reaction score
Well, check out the pic attatched first. This is my first hl2 map (it's hl2dm yaaaaay :p) and i never did a whole lot of mapping before (some on q2 and 3). So i'm not too good :p Don't make fun of my poor attempt plz (wish i could unblur those damn textures, it only happens up close). NEway, you'll see in the pic the first two brushes i've put in my map (it's a room map, where you the person are a few inches tall and you navigate a huge room (like de_rats for cs and css). Now, i want the sledge hammer pole to be a ladder to the crate (yes, that's a sledgehammer :flame: hehe. I'll touch it up once i'm more familiar with source SDK). I think what i'm gonna do with the crate is make it one team's spawnpoint (team deathmatch map) and have another exit or two. I dunno really. But i definately want the sledgehammer to be an entrance ladder.

So, how do i make this brush a ladder? Is that possible? And will ppl have an animation climbing up it? Cuz on the DE_RATS map there's no animation when they climb the door jamb ladder (if i remember right) and i don't like that.

Thanks in advance and sorry for askin sooooo many questions.

shit. Sorry. Here's my pic. I forgot to upload. I had to half the size cuz of the limit, so it's hard to see.

Back