Manipulator cheat glitch?

falconwind

Reaction score
So, I was playing around with the cheats (me so naughty) and I set the manipulator gun to some really high strength (something like 10000) and I was picking up everything in sight. Then I picked up the swampboat.... ALL HELL INSUED.

The computer slowed to a crawl and the framerate dropped to like 3 fps, andthe swampboat started twirling and thrashing around in my grasp like crazy.

I did this again to an APC, and it ended up demolishing everything and everyone in the room, while still causing the computer to struggle horribly.

My question is, why does it make the vehicle i'm trying to levitate do this?

you increased the force of the gun so its almost like the blue grav gun

It's not that it's a glitch, it's that the game's engine isn't made for that.
The gravity gun isn't supposed to pick up objects that size and mass.
You're very lucky that your PC didn't crash.

In short: The physics engine isn't as strong as you think it is. Even for Havok.

Well, there was a section in the Mistake of Pythagoras mod where you could lift an entire razor train...didn't cause any problems there, and needless to say that thing's a lot heavier than an APC or the airboat.

I think it's due to the weight values and some of the settings on the models. They were never ment to be moved and picked up.

It's not because the vehicle is too heavy. Probably something to do with the way the grav gun works - maybe the blue grav gun works around this problem somehow.

hmmm i did launch my buggy over a wall once... anyway, did your com crash sooner or say it slowed down real bad after the incident, and could you drop the apc/airboat?

You can only lift the airboat. You can "punch" the buggy and APC but if you try to pick them up the PC slows down for some reason. In an older version of garry's mod it would say somethin about causing HL2 to crash by trying to pick them up. Doesn't matter if it's normal or blue.

when you try picking it up, you can see something in the console. i forget what it says though, but i know the word "physics" is in there.

EDIT: okay i just checked it out. it said something like "vphysics collision" and something about too many convex pieces and "interpenetration may occur".

How do you increase weapon strength?

Yeah i edited this

Back