"Map coordinate extents are too large"

Phisionary

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new mapper, and having recently played a silly little CS:S map where you dive off a bulding, I tried to make my own falling map.... So I made a giant square, 1024 units on a side, and the limits of hammer in the z direction. However, I try to run it and get the message:
Host_EndGame: Map coordinate extents are too large!!

Question: Am I doing something wrong, or does CS:S just not allow maps this large?

I tried reducing the height by around 256 units, so it wasn't touching top or bottom, but that didn't help. Does anyone know the actual max map size for counter-strike source?

Thnks for any responses.....

I tried alt-P but it didn't show anything... but I had one brush touching the edge (which I guess isn't allowed). I got it working. Stupid little problem. Bah...

I too have the same problem, and I wish it would let me know when I was getting close because it always happens when I'm almost done.

that will happen when the user falls too low on the map. you have to prevent them from endlessly falling

I get this error when I try to create a server with the map, I tried centering the entire level and a few other things and it still won't run, still gives me that error. Anything else that causes it?

make the grid size as large as possible, and then check everything is within two grid units from the very edge.

check all your entities are witin enclosed map boundries

The engine, as with HL1 doesn't like huuuge maps you can see from one end to the other without a lot of special brushes, hints, occluders, portals and so on.

ok, im getting the same error everyone else seems to be getting here. ive tried doing alt+p, there were 3 errors, 2 i fixed easy (some leaks i missed on a wall) but the last one says:
There is no Player start
well, there is a player start, for both T and CT. Ive tried moving them around and all that and I'm wondering if its something else causing the error for some reason???

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hammer generates an error automatically if there's no info_player_start in the map, even if the game in question makes no use of it.

put in an info_player_start in the map, didnt do anything. Im doing a CS:S map by the way, if it makes a difference....?

Well, if the error still appears, just ignore it, because it means nothing :p

oh, right, wonderful idea. I cant play the map though. When i go to load the game (you know hit F9, let it compile, launches CS:S) and then the console pops up (which normally happens) and stops there with that error in it

and besides, a good map shouldnt have any errors right?

ok, well, it works now, i dont know what i did, but i dont really care, cause it works fine now. Thanks for all the help and suggestions

i had this problem once when I accidently moved some vertexs in some odd way so things were crossing and such

Back