Map request

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
I need some help. I've tried doing it myself but can never get what I want. This is for a small project or test I am doing, so it might sound abit of a strange map. The project is to use a blue screen technique and allow me to combine real footage with in game objects.

I would like a map making, that is a very large room, on one side it has stairs (steps) that you can walk up and the other side has a slope that you can walk up. Then a big flat space in the middle. It must have a very high roof or no roof.

Now, all the walls must be 255 blue, everything, the stairs and slope, no other colours! Like the perfect bright blue and the lighting must make everything clearly visible but also cast shadows on objects.

The map also needs to work in Garrysmod.

I hope I am allowed to do a map request, just I've never made a map and don't really want to, I've tried and can't do anything.

Anyone up for it?

Thanks,
Mutley.

When you've done what you're going to use this for please post back here so we can see the results :)

I could do this in like a minute, however I dont have a 255 blue texture, and I dont know how to make textures :(

This is 225 blue, the texture I would like everything to be in:

2252py.png

Hopefully someone can make a texture. Please. :cheers:

Yes, if it works, I will definatly show the results!

mutley read some tutorials and do it yourself. it will take alot of tweaking so you will need to understand hammer.

Like I've said I don't have time. Someone already said it would take 1min, just need a texture for him, please.

here is a texture (VTF VMT & TGA)

Attachments

• 225blue.zip
    769 bytes · Views: 65
efter said:
here is a texture (VTF VMT & TGA)

Thanks alot, can someone possibly make the map quickly please. That would be awesome if you could. :smoking:

I dont understandhow you are going to use this in a movie because if you want shadows then the colors are not going to appear properly... and where do you want the light to come from? top? bottom?

Hmm good point. Is it possible to have pure light, no shadows? Perfect visibility.

Ok, if that texture works it will be right up. Thanks, efter. It is possible to have even lighting, use fullbright.

Edit: one problem, cant remember where to put the texture files. Do they go in the materials folder of the mod your using it for?

TCfromBN said:
Ok, if that texture works it will be right up. Thanks, efter. It is possible to have even lighting, use fullbright.

Edit: one problem, cant remember where to put the texture files. Do they go in the materials folder of the mod your using it for?

I belive it goes into the SDK materials folder, not sure myself.

TCfromBN said:

SteamApps\%username%\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\materials\?modfolder

That is where my VMT's and VMF's are located
OR

SteamApps\%username%\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\?modfolder

The texture works as I tested it before posting. I included the TGA in case anyone wanted to make another with specific properties.
If you are gonna use fullbright, it's gonna look funky, you probably won't be able to tell where the walls stop and floor begins. If there's gonna be stairs, they might be hard to discern.

Well if it could have lighting that casts small shadows down that would be great. I can always use the fullbright console command if need be. :)

something like this?
it's a 1600x1600 cube basically. with the stairs and ramp heading in the same direction, from opposite sides of the room. I couldn't tell from your description which way the stairs and ramp should go. If you want to, be very specific about placement and I'm sure we can come up with something suitable.
Barney is there to show size, and the second shot is fullbright (a bit over compressed I might add, oops)
Also this is a hl2dm map.

Attachments

• 225blue_room0001.jpg
    225blue_room0001.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 225blue_room0002.jpg
    225blue_room0002.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 181
Could you make the slope & stairs wider, so they meet in the middle? Make the room taller and longer at the end I can't see, then that will be awesome. Thanks alot!

Back