map viewing program ?

S

shluh

hello

is there any program out so i dont have to run map and start css everytime ?

so just view my map live 'ingame' in a program ?

i thought there was , but i can't find anymore :(

plz help

I don't get it? Ingame IS CSS? You're talking about a .bsp viewer? I don't think there is one yet for Source.

It does? The website seems to say it's not compatible with Source maps at all.

I can't really see the point of a BSP viewer, unless it's much faster to display a map than loading the game.

i'd love someone to make something like unreals viewer, that would make me want to go back to hammer otherwise i only touch it with a barge pole :D

Buy far cry and use the sandbox editor. As you edit you have a window that displays the finished product and lets you play anytime As for half life 2 I think you are stuck! (at least to my knowledge). My solution is to just do more work before compliling and use fast rad and vis or turn them both off until I really need them.

idd , BSP view (latest version) works with some people , not with me for some reason.
I asked the frum there , when i succeed in making it work , i will let ya'll know here asap :)

DrDevin, that's a really bad mapping idea, not to see how it actually looks. That only works for checking out your geometry.

Use VisGroups instead and only compile parts of your map. That's how a "real" mapper does it ;).

There is always the GL viewer that comes with source.

I have followed a tutorial to set it up but it can never find the mapname.prt file as it seems to think it is in my username folder. Nothing will get it to work for me :(

GLView is only for viewing vis leaves, not a textured, lit, and compiled map.

I know but the best thing for seeing how it would look textures and lit would be the game it is designed for so I assumed he wanted something different.

grr .. BSP viewer doesnt support Source

i hope they get some tool out soon , cause if i wanna look at my current map everytime .. i have to compile for 40 mins first

Back