Map won't run after compiling.

Andokool12

Reaction score
I'm working on a mini-mod called Zombie Co-op and I need some help with how the maps work.

First of all, the mod is a multiplayer mod disguised as a singleplayer one, you create a server and spawn at the spawnpoint as either rebel or combine. So far level one has 4 spawns, 2 rebel and 2 combine. The players are not meant to fight eachother. All of the spawns are in th same room, which has a glass wall on one side overlooking a testing area and a door on the other side going into a dark and creepy hallway. I'm not explaining the whole map, but my problem is, how come it won't run? Is it because there are npc's on the map? The compiler didn't report any leaks and i've checked to see there weren't any, when i compile i set it so it would run after compiling, still nothing. I've tried starting up the mod and running the level from there but the window closes and goes back to the main menu of the mod. If the npc's are the ones causing the problems please state why they are preventing the map from working and if I can fix it so they DO work in mutliplayer.

*EDIT*
Now when I try to run the map, the background image goes black but the buttons like create server and find server etc. are still there.

Nope, anyways I fixed it, it was because the name of the map was zc_level 1

Obviously with no _ between the level and the 1 it assume it's a command and looks for a level named zc_level

I do have another question tho.
When I spawn, I can't sprint with shift, there is no hud to display my health, and I can't switch weapons... help please?

it's because you don't have a HEV suit. put an item_suit (I think) in your map, either next to the info_player_start if you want it when you spawn or elsewhere if you don't want it when you spawn.

Wow, thanks. Will that affect the fact that players can't type or see the scoreboard as well? Also, players don't have a player model just the default, blocky grey gordon freeman with a gun sticking out from the center of his body, and they can't change any settings in the multiplayer options like name and spray because it's all cut off and to the side. Do you know what might change that?

(Sorry for all the questions, this is really chnaging from the subject of the map not loading <:)

I think most of those problems could be a result of missing script files, though I'm not sure.

Back