Mapper needed for Revolutionary mod!

Canuck

Reaction score

The revolutionary Third-person Stealth RPG Dreamscape: Pin Point Blank is looking for more mappers. :D

We will provide you with a blueprint, reference pics, and our support.

Mapper
  • Experience with hammer.
  • Should provide sample screenshots.
  • Experience with the entity system is a big plus.

convo4big5ie.jpg

We are looking for talented and dedicated mappers.

Please send samples to [email protected] if you are interested or msn me at [email protected]

Visit our site at www.dreamscapemod.com

If you would like to discuss the mod, please post here.

Thank you,
Canuck :D

how much do i have to pay to get into bed with this mod?

Man i remember your first post on these forums everyone thought this mod was to ambitious im glad you proved us all wrong cant wait for the mod.

Every time a mod hails itself as "revolutionary", I die a little inside.

-Angry Lawyer

It's a third-person strategic stealth RPG set in the modern day man!

That combo doesn't exist! Therefore, it is revolutionary!

Anyway, I am still looking for a mapper. Particulary one who can do outdoor areas.

Canuck said:
It's a third-person strategic stealth RPG set in the modern day man!

That combo doesn't exist! Therefore, it is revolutionary!

Anyway, I am still looking for a mapper. Particulary one who can do outdoor areas.

Splinter Cell!

But yeah, the mod is looking good. I would volunteer my mapping skills, but I gave up on mapping the month after I started.

"Revolutionary" is described as "Marked by or resulting in radical change". Although your mod is well made, looks good, and is rather unique, it has yet to change any design paradigms. Doom was revolutionary - it pretty much birthed the modern FPS. Counterstrike was revolutionary - people started taking modding seriously. Natural Selection was revolutionary, as it's triggered the current spate of RTSFPS games.

However, your mod has yet to change anything. Using the term "Revolutionary" makes people assume you're full of hyperbole. You'd have attracted a lot more interest just using your mod's name, which is quite popular already, and makes you seem a lot more down-to-Earth.

-Angry Lawyer

Revolutionary? No. Try using another word like innovative, creative, unique, original, etc.

Splinter Cell is not an RPG. Hahaha.

Hehe, anyway, I think you know why I called it revolutionary. It's just one of my ways to get people to look at this thread. I'm so evil!

[edit]
Ok, let's drop this revolutionary thing. This is a thread about Dreamscape looking for mappers.

Well, it could be revolutionary...

Canuck said:
Splinter Cell is not an RPG. Hahaha.

In a sense it was. You played the role of Sam Fischer.

Alright, then:
"The Third-person Stealth RPG Dreamscape: Pin Point Blank mod that has the potential to be revolutionary is looking for more mappers. "

I think that's better, because it could very well not be revolutionary. :D

Anyway, we're also looking for some posters on our forums. Our public forums are pretty much dead. This makes us all very very sad.

Our forums are here: http://www.dreamscapemod.com/forums/ - Post away!

Much better. It's just that, on this forum, "Revolutionary" is a blacklisted word for "Not going anywhere". Seriously, do a search on "Help Wanted" and see what sort of mod teams tend to call themselves "Revolutionary".

"Innovative" I think is the most descriptive word for your mod.

-Angry Lawyer

I think Ive gotten this mod mixed up with another one called nuclear dreams... or maybe nuclear something else... crap

not prying or anything, hell I help out a mod called incursion which has real world weapons (too close to insurgency imo).. I like the old name better (jungle mist) it sounded like a really nice bathroom air freshener :D

Shinobi said:
I think Ive gotten this mod mixed up with another one called nuclear dreams... or maybe nuclear something else... crap
Nuclear Dawn? These two mods are clearly disimilar, neither the gameplay type nor the names are alike.

nuclear dreams and nuclear dawn? are you kidding?

EDIT: WHOOPS I thought this was called nuclear dreams, not dreamscape... I'm mixing up all these mods that have one similar word in their name, lol I probably think 4-5 seperate mods are all one mod :D

damn, i was going to hop in and deliver blistering criticism at the self-coinage of 'revolutionary' but it's already happened D:

Back