• Firefox

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • Maxthon

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
I just DL'ed maxthon and I wanted to know which browser is better firefox or maxthon.

Also is maxthon safer than IE/firefox?

What is the **** is Maxthon?

(GO FIREFOX!)

http://www.maxthon.com/

It's a browser based off internet explorer only it is infinitly better. Ad blocking built in, extensions, tabbed browsing, and more.

Give it a try

Oh, it's basically the same as Firefox. Also, my download limit only has about 900 MB left so I won't be downloading anything like that in a while.

I'll stick with my lovely Firefox, thank you.

Danimal said:
What is the **** is Maxthon?

(GO FIREFOX!)

quffy

since I've not heard of it I'll have to stick with ff

firefox is the best imo. also i can run a portable version of firefox on my USB pendrive so when i'm at uni, i can use it instead of IE.

ActiveX on? no thanks
I don't like anything that uses IE as it's base.
Dinkleberry said:
House of stone built on quicksand :p
hehe yeah

House of stone built on quicksand
Na..
I like to think of it as a Mansion but being targeted by Osama Bin Laden...every so often a plane crashes into it, gets stormed by terroists... things like that..

hmm my friend told me that they are coming out with a new IE thats more like firefox...with extensions ad blocking etc...anyone hear about this

Firefox has vastly superior ad blocking for one thing. But maxthon seems snappier to me.

As for it being built on IE, so what? Turn off ActiveX and you're not likely to have any problems with it.

bryanf445 said:
hmm my friend told me that they are coming out with a new IE thats more like firefox...with extensions ad blocking etc...anyone hear about this

lol yeah it'll be called winfox :naughty:

i think the poll speaks for itself, and as for all of you who still use IE, look at the link in my signature.

Firefox is inferior to all other ISP's. Firefox has awesome security & use almost absolutely no memory compared to all the others. Firefox is the best!

What you just said,
"Firefox is inferior to all other Internet Service Provider's"
Firefox is not a Internet Service Provider, firefox is a Internet Browser.

Vorac1ous said:
Firefox is inferior to all other ISP's. Firefox has awesome security & use almost absolutely no memory compared to all the others. Firefox is the best!
WTF?!!

yeah when did it become an ISP
And I think I will stick with my firefox and thunderbird, thank you very much

edit
where do you get the mini firefox for on usbkey?

about firefox being an ISP its a mistake, no need to rub it in

since i first tried firefox, ive NEVER looked back!

but unfortunaltely, my sis is still using IE. ;( she thinks its "uncool" to use firefox, uses the excuse "everybody else uses the 'normal one'"
ive had people asking me, from school, how to get rid off traces of sites theyve been on, and other stuff. told them to use firefox.

but we must save my sister from the fiery deaths of hell
obviously the faster loading times (IE takes AGES on the PII 400MHz) now, and firefox is noticably faster. the tabbed browsing doesnt seem to appeal to her :O and the pure fact that its alot safer.

what must i do to save her from eternal damnation?

oh and shes been responsible for letting a few viruses in this network, one nasty one kept spreading itself, and once one computer was cleared, anothe computer go it back, and kept re-spreading. took a while to get it out.

but before we judge between Maxthon and FF i personally think we should give each a try and see for ourselves, instead of being biasd, purely due to the fact that Maxthon is based / built on MS IE.

good reply furiousV, just noticed you are from Aberdeen, I live in Inverurie! Anyway, i think before you pass judgement on Marathon, you really have to give it a try it.

hi all
im currently in Maxthon, posting this post.
i must say, its not bad. just used it for 2 minutes like.
the bottom contains alot of useful information, your Local IP address for one. shame it doesnt have my external IP address.
also, the loading status bar (that shows u how much of the page is loaded) also shows figures now, (1%, 2%, 25%, 98%, 100%)

also, as soon as u hit Control+T (to get new tab in FF) it brings up a new window, within this browser window. another window for browsing within the application.
its like AOL (ive only ever seen it used once)
to use it, click it to make it active, and use the one address bar on the very top.
the windows can be tiled or moved around.

other features include password manager and auto form fillout.
its also got something to remember your ***GATOR*** passwords, which i dont take as good news. Gator, isnt that one of the biggest spyware companies around?
its about 6.6MB big, surely you can spare that to give it a try. Il continue to use it for a little while longer. If i remember, il post a bit more on it, tell u what i think of the pop-up blocker, the built in download manager, how easy it is to remove cookies, history, cache and all.
doesnt look bad though

GRR! im clicking a"Manage Attachments" cuz i wanna attach a screeny for u guys, but i just barely noticed, barely, that its blocked a pop-up. its not exactly the most obvious compared to firefox where its a bright yellow bar, and its easy to allow them if u want.
ah yes, theres a button to allow popups, and it says "Allow pop-ups for www.halflife2.net" and i clicked yes

dammit im havin trouble gettin pictures to show
il try and remember to post again soon

Yeah, I use Firefox - every time I am forced to use IE at college it just slows your browsing/surfing ability right down :frown: . Tabs are brilliant, makes you think "why wasn't this introduced years ago?" (by Microsoft). I don't think I can use a portable version of FF at college, because the network prohibits the running of any .exe's other than those already installed for student use. Terrible shame, I would like to convince my college to change to FF, but I'm gonna be leaving soon anyway :bounce:

I was surprised at how many people here had 'migrated' to FF, I didn't think it had become all that popular just yet. I haven't tried Maxthon, and probably won't, but I'll sure help to 'Spread Firefox' - I'll prob put a link in my sig. :thumbs: :cheers:

Internet Explorer is second to Firefox at the moment, but the only reason is security. If this Maxthon can bring to the table a browser that is based off Internet Explorer meaning 100% compatibility with all websites, something Firefox can only dream of, yet be as feature rich and secure as Firefox, it should be pretty good.

I'm still completely loyal to Firefox... Maxthon or whatever it is doesn't sound or look too great to me.

I deleted maxthon from my pc and went back to firefox. I like firefox's security and I like to feel safe when Im browsing a suspicious website.

ROFL- 39 to 0 firefox.

yeah I went over to a friends today who always used Opera and today he was using maxthon and I was like what's that....
It's alright I guess basically just a follow up as to what firefox and opera are except it's running off part of IE which imo is nastay

Internet Explorer owns your weasly fox. Seriously, theres no reason not to use IE. I've never had spyware, I've never had viruses, my computer is tight as a drum. FireRodent is for people who cant secure their computers themselves so need a gimmicky browser that offers 'protection' (which I already have, time tested protection) at the price of compatibility. No thanks.

or you can just use both..... I use firefox mainly but I use IE when I absolutly have too (very rarely).

Back