MAYA PROBLEMs

X

xxMichael

Hey guys im half way through making one of my weapons but for some reason when i reopened my maya the next day MOST of my shelves were deleted... all im left with is the curve,subdivs, and surfaces shelves and i cant really do anything on maya anymore without the missing shelves. Any help on recovering my shelves? thanks

I can't help you, but have you tried posting your question on prfessional cg forums, like 3d-place, highend, look in the sticky's for modeling sites and go there, there is a larger chance for you of getting a good anwser there.
BTW welcome to the forums ;)

lol, all the tools in the shelves are in the edit poly menu. U can create custom toolbar shelves by ctrl clicking on the name of a modifier (or on the box beside it for so the options pop up).

forgot how to make default shelves

but the thing is i cant use the camera function to move around the gun so i cant edit the parts of the gun that i want to, is there any other way to use it?

Since when did you need shelf buttons to navigate your scene/model?!

Anyway, about your shelves.. I've never seen that problem in 5 years of using the prog. Quite a few Maya bugs can be solved by deleting your prefs, but I think shelves are stored in a separate file.

So basically... rebuild them yourself and make a back-up copy. Besides, the default Maya shelves are waay too cluttered.

About the shelves. These shelves are stored in your prefs folder. If you have deleted anything under my documents you might have managed to delete that too. C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\maya\6.0\prefs\shelves

Here you have them all listed. You should take a backup of your shelves once in a while. Check if the custom shelves are missing...
I don't understand the camera question. There should not be a navigation problem if you are in perspective or camera view. Maybe the attributes were locked. You could try to create a new perspective to check that one out

lol, and then I read the post above. Practically the same he said.

xxMichael said:
but the thing is i cant use the camera function to move around the gun so i cant edit the parts of the gun that i want to, is there any other way to use it?
press alt then your mouse buttons to move, zoom, rotate

Back