McCain: ""At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you ****."

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
lol hotheaded John McCain needs a kick in the groin ..just cuz he's a crotchty bastard:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you ****." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

read for more incidents:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/08/new-book-mccain-once-phys_n_95595.html

everyone loses their temper every now and then but do you really want a loose cannon who's prone to angry outbursts in a position of power

"WHAT! how dare Dictator A calll me a poopy-face, launch missles now!!!"

"but sir.."

"bang, bang, bang"

"anyone else have any ****ing objections?"

Shit, I feel like voting for McCain more and more every day. He sounds awesome.

Also, the comments section is a riot. Somebody needs to remind these people that the US population is currently more likely to vote McCain than either Obama or Clinton if polls are to be believed. You'd think Barack was surfing on an unstoppable golden wave of popularity, inspiring the masses with his divine chocolate touch if you were to listen to these twits.

seems like an immature jerk who cant handle a joke/criticism

Sure, if you want to believe three anonymous reporters with no evidence.

We wouldn't settle for that if the same was published about Obama.

speak for yourself ..I dont care who it is ..and it wasnt just one incident

The only thing out of all of those that would have bugged me is the "trollop" thing, and seeing as how that has no evidence behind it (yet will nonetheless be lapped up by partisan Democrats), I don't really care.

I guess I'm just not too concerned about the word "fucker" flying across the Senate floor.

granted it can be chocked up to heated debate however this is a candidate for the most powerful position in the US ..you'd think being even keeled would be something voters would want ..cant be having people making snap judgements based on emotion

granted it can be chocked up to heated debate however this is a candidate for the most powerful position in the US ..you'd think being even keeled would be something voters would want ..cant be having people making snap judgements based on emotion

Americans like a cool dude.

bush is a cool dude? and the last cool dude was nearly crucified for getting a little something something from an office ntern

All politicians make snap judgements based on emotion. That's why they're useless pieces of shit.

I doubt there's any plausible risk of him dropping bombs on people in a temper tantrum. Most presidential decisions are not instantaneous (although they can nonetheless be extremely rash). If McCain were to be elected and plunged the US into a third term of shit, it would probably have more to do with the values and ideology he was voted in on as opposed to his grumpiness.

no they have cabinets, aids, parliament to consult ..or else bush would have invaded Iran by now

bush is a cool dude? and the last cool dude was nearly crucified for getting a little something something from an office ntern

Let's get something straight, foreigner, Bush is cool becuase I could have a beer with him, he's just that down to Earth kinda guy, plus he saved the US from terror. Clinton the other hand did something immoral, and he let 9/11 happen, and theres nothing cool about that.

I doubt there's any plausible risk of him dropping bombs on people in a temper tantrum.

no but he might be predisposed to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

Most presidential decisions are not instantaneous (although they can nonetheless be extremely rash). If McCain were to be elected and plunged the US into a third term of shit, it would probably have more to do with the values and ideology he was voted in on as opposed to his grumpiness.

agreed however it could be a factor in his decision making

Pierre Trudeau, arguably canada's most capable prime minister in recent memory once remarked that upon meeting Rolnald Reagan described him as not very bright and prone to "cowboy diplomacy" one who shoots first and asks questions later ...consulting astrological charts before making a decision also points to some level of rash decision making ..there's plenty of room in US government for that to occur, thankfully there's some measures put into place to avoid those sort of things

I thought Clinton was the cool president though. He played sax ffs! And nobody buys that "I didn't inhale" crap. He was rollin' fatties like mad. Furthermore:

Black people liked him.

There is no better measurement of a president's hipness than the black vote.

......while attending that same Munich conference in 2006, the Arizona senator had another one of what have come to be known as McCain Moments. In a small meeting at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof, McCain was conferring with Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the foreign minister of Germany—one of America's most important allies—when the others heard McCain erupt. He thought the German was being insufficiently tough on the brutal regime in Belarus. Raising his voice at Steinmeier—who's known for speaking in unclear diplomatese—McCain "started shaking and rising out of his chair," said one participant, a former senior diplomatic official who related the anecdote on condition of anonymity. "He said something like: 'I haven't come to Munich to hear this kind of crap'." McCain's old pal Joe Lieberman jumped in. "Lieberman, who reads him very well, put his hand on McCain's arm and said gently, 'John, I think there's been a problem in the translation.' Of course Lieberman doesn't speak German and there hadn't been any problem in the translation … It was just John's explosive temper."

http://news.uk.msn.com/newsweek.aspx?cp-documentid=7921439

Editor's Note: In this story, Newsweek describes a meeting at the 2006 Munich security conference in which Sen. John McCain allegedly erupted at the German foreign minister, whom McCain thought was being insufficiently tough on the brutal regime in Belarus. There are, however, conflicting versions of the episode, and we should have made that clear. Other people who were in the room at the time dispute the account, and several of those who were there, including those who recall a brief flareup of anger from the senator (which the senator denies), believed the incident was minor, based on a misunderstanding caused by a translation problem, and was quickly cleared up. Sen. McCain should have been given an opportunity to give his version of events in the print version, and we regret that the piece did not note the different recollections of the moment, including the denials that there was any display of anger.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did though.

even if true it's a minor incident ..if the incident mentioned in the OP is true then it's a bit harder to excuse his behaviour ..I would never talk to my wife that way, much less in public and completely unprovoked

I try to refrain from making judgment calls on anyone's personality without knowing the full context of what was happening, and I'm also going to give someone the benefit of the doubt on anything they're quoted as having said 16 years ago.

relax, he was a POW...we cant make fun of him

its not allowed

I'm tempted to support McCain because of his Iraq stance.

It really speaks to those conservative values, when you call your wife a ****.

Damnit, now that song is stuck in my head.

relax, he was a POW...we cant make fun of him

its not allowed

The same POW who voted for waterboarding IIRC.

The guy is a Douche and it will be a sad day indeed for anyone who isn't a shareholder of Haliburton when he gets into the Oval office (it's going to happen) . More worrying might be him taking Ghouliani there with him as a VP ready to step in at a moments notice.

The same POW who voted for waterboarding IIRC.

The guy is a Douche and it will be a sad day indeed for anyone who isn't a shareholder of Haliburton when he gets into the Oval office (it's going to happen) . More worrying might be him taking Ghouliani there with him as a VP ready to step in at a moments notice.

bah 9/11Giuliani is the best choice for post 9/11 people who remember 9/11 as if it were today 4/16, which should be renamed 9/11 out of respect to all those who lost loved ones in 9/11 like Rudy 9/11 Giuliani

bah 9/11Giuliani is the best choice for post 9/11 people who remember 9/11 as if it were today 4/16, which should be renamed 9/11 out of respect to all those who lost loved ones in 9/11 like Rudy 9/11 Giuliani

What??:x

When it comes to the Huffington Post, I believe none of what I read, and half of what they throw together in a youtube video.

Stern: Do you have any of these comments on Video? Or are they just quotes from an "unidentified" source?

Umm... he made a joke. Just like Reagan joked about bombing the Soviet Union.

Ronald Reagan said:
"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes."

-joking during a mike check before his Saturday radio broadcast

^^^ Well considering we haven't had a terrorist attack in 7 years, I'll give lil Bush some credit for that.

IIRC, the US had MANY attacks on it during the Clinton years, and nothing serious was ever done to solve the problem.
After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. who are now dead would be alive today.

^^^ Well considering we haven't had a terrorist attack in 7 years, I'll give lil Bush some credit for that.
The damage has been dealt, why would they need to try anymore?

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. who are now dead would be alive today.

Highly unlikely.

The damage has been dealt, why would they need to try anymore?

Have you not paid attention to all the plots since 9/11 that were foiled? It's a fact that they've continued to try and attack the US, but have failed thus far.

Highly unlikely.

I find it interesting that none of the leftists in this country gave Bush the benefit of the doubt over 9/11 considering he was only 8 months into office and still running on the Clinton budget which included military spending, intelligence, etc. The first Bush budget went into effect in September of 2001.

Seems BS to me. Pulling off an attack on the US is child's play. I'll believe that when some terrorist organization asks us to stop "foiling" their plans.

I see.

2007 Fort Dix attack plot:
"...ethnic Albanians from the (former Yugoslav) Republic of Macedonia.. "

American Airlines Flight 63:
"a Boeing 767 flight from Charles De Gaulle International Airport in Paris, France..."

Connetquot High School Plot:
"15-year old boy's plan to kill students and staff "

So of the plots that were to take place on or near US soil, none were 9/11 related and we should give Bush credit because the people who orchestrated 9/11 haven't even tried since then?

I see.

2007 Fort Dix attack plot:
"...ethnic Albanians from the (former Yugoslav) Republic of Macedonia.. "

Islamic Fundamentalists.

American Airlines Flight 63:
"a Boeing 767 flight from Charles De Gaulle International Airport in Paris, France..."

American owned airline with American citizens onboard.

So of the plots that were to take place on or near US soil, none were 9/11 related and we should give Bush credit because the people who orchestrated 9/11 haven't even tried since then?

You're forgetting the:

- 2006 trans-Atlantic airline bomb plot.
- Brooklyn Bridge bomb plot
- LAX Bomb plot

■ WEST COAST AIRLINER In mid-2002, the US disrupted a plot to attack targets on the west coast, including the Library Tower, the tallest building in Los Angeles, using hijacked airliners. "The plotters included at least one major operational planner involved in planning the events of 9/11."

■ EAST COAST AIRLINER In mid-2003, the US and another country disrupted a plot to attack targets on the east coast using hijacked commercial planes.

■ JOSE PADILLA In May 2002, a plot that involved blowing up apartment buildings in the United States was disrupted. One plotter, Padilla, also discussed the possibility of using a "dirty bomb" in the United States.

Back