Mission To Mars Website Open

M

mpratt

Hey my website related to a manned Mars Mission game I'm working on is open. I thought I'd post it here first though for you guys.

Check it out and give me some feed back please. Mars Mod

Cheers!
Matt

Uhm, so I take it that all those screenshots are stuff you jacked from some other website to use a filler before you actually model and map stuff?

Sounds like a good mod... something different

If Halflife 2 supports seamless map changes you should think about having an awsome sequence where a rocket takes off and goes into space and you can look out the cockpit window and see earth getting smaller in the background :)

Nice site. The mod concept is very original. Best of luck to you.

Should have seen the smile on my face as a kid when I made the link bewteen Mars and MARtians. I was so chuffed. Best of luck on the mod, sounds original (I like originality...and haggis, haggis is good too). I really hope we see many more coop mods, I remember when my bro and I used to play doom2 coop across the serial link, ultra violence, that was sweet. Then used to play Quake 1 coop, again very cool. Seems this mod will be very much a sim type one, a coop sim mod should be cool :)

mission on mars, it sounds like doom3, but whatever. keep working hard on ur mod, and let it beat doom3. it will be great if u can do stuff like dynamic lighting and shadowing(the one in doom3) in ur mod.

Originally posted by gamevoodoo
mission on mars, it sounds like doom3, but whatever. keep working hard on ur mod, and let it beat doom3. it will be great if u can do stuff like dynamic lighting and shadowing(the one in doom3) in ur mod.

Are you on drugs.......did you even look at the website?

It has absolutley nothing to do with walking through dimly lit corridors wasting floating heads........witch seems to be what doom3 is about.

Nice site, mod looks like its got good potential to.

My brother is in the Mars Soceity, organisation for the purpose of what you speak of in the site. Do you know Robert Zubrin?
Fuzzy

Originally posted by crabcakes66

It has absolutley nothing to do with walking through dimly lit corridors wasting floating heads........witch seems to be what doom3 is about.

Are you on drugs.......did you even read carefully what i said?

I said it "sounds" like doom3, i never said it's doom3.

For further information, yes i'm on drugs and no i didn't look at the website.

next time u piss me off, i will use my TX-Gman to exterminate your kind.

I think he meant because Doom III is on mars...

maybe its more like Total Recall...

(I didn't look at the website either...:naughty: )

Originally posted by SensesFail
I think he meant because Doom III is on mars...

maybe its more like Total Recall...

(I didn't look at the website either...:naughty: )

yeah SensesFail is right. he has vision like i do.

its on mars so that makes it sound like doom3?..........

I have a picture of mars i took a few weeks ago.......so i guess that means it looks like doom3

whatever you say.

its on mars so that makes it sound like doom3?..........

I have a picture of mars i took a few weeks ago.......so i guess that means it looks like doom3

whatever you say.

u piss me off one more time, i will send my TX-Gman to exterminate your kind.

TX-Gman terminator is slowy taking off his pants...

Nice site, mod looks like its got good potential to.

My brother is in the Mars Soceity, organisation for the purpose of what you speak of in the site. Do you know Robert Zubrin?
Fuzzy

Yes I know him he is the King of Mars Missions. He isn't your brother is he?

I like the mod, its an interesting way to promote a REAL mission to Mars, I hope it ends up successful.

For those of you who havn't actually been to the website heres the general description thats on the website:

"Mars Mod is a non profit mod who's goal is to promote a manned Mars mission. This is not a counterstrike clone, gameplay centers around a cooperative multiplayer mission. Mars Mod is a recreation of NASA's Mars reference mission 3.0. We sincerely hope that it becomes a rallying point for Mars fans, and sparks the dreams of young people to explore space."

It doesn't involve any killing, its all about making a successful trip to Mars according to how NASA may do it in the future.

its an alright site. Nice and well layed out but not the best but not the worse. Easy to navigate as well.

Yes it neat from a scientific point of view. Also interesting from a gameplay point of view. Exactly how the gameplay will play out should be interesting. Right now its destined to be similar to a COOP single player mission. Yet if that survives I'm not sure. Theres a few other ideas on the drawing board also.

Back