Mistakes that I won't make with Aftermath!!!

wilka91

Reaction score
Before the release of HALF-LIFE² : AFTERMATH I won't :

- look at any screenshots that get released

- watch any videos

- read anything about the storyline.

When I play Aftermath, I don't wanna have the feeling that I've already knew about all the levels and seen some of the coolest sequences in the game! NO THANK YOU, I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE TWICE.

No Valve, I won't have me spoiled this time!

That's a good plan, actually. I'll join this club. :p
I hope my willpower can hold out or I'll have to be glueing my eyes shut for a few months.

I think i'll join in on this.

the only stuff i saw from hl2 before it was released were the 2003 binks, but that was irresistable after 6 years of waiting!

Here's some new info on Aftermath:

YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. IDIOT.

LittleB said:
YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. IDIOT.
Actually, he said the storyline, not the game in general ;) :p

@LittleB
Hahaha..har...ha..

I would like to see all the new levels and terrian. But I don't want to see any new weapons or monsters, they will suprise me.

Wow thats the best thing ive ever read, i dont believ you wont read it. Its like HL2... but then better, and that thing about.... awesome! I dont believ he actually does that!? An she... omg! so cool! You have no idea what you guys are missing.

:D

Harryz said:
Give in, you know you want to.

Stealing sonoffabitch! :O
My avatar! What are you doing?!

It looks too much like mine :(

I will look at any released videos and screebshots, but I won't read any spoiler here after the game's release, as I did with HL2. I had for example, read all the manuscript to G-man's end apperance before I had reached it myself.

I knew alyx died in the end of hl2 before playing it so the ending didn't ruin the game for meh before we found out she lived.

Well..I've already read the pcgamer article..and I saw screenshots..

But from now on: I won't look at any new screenshots or information about it anymore. ( I don't think I can resist the temptation, but still..)

However.. I think that Valve should also NOT release as much info and screens as with HL2.. I think they released WAY too much info - wich was of course to keep people interested after the delay and leak, and understandable..

Xenome said:
Well..I've already read the pcgamer article..and I saw screenshots..

But from now on: I won't look at any new screenshots or information about it anymore. ( I don't think I can resist the temptation, but still..)

However.. I think that Valve should also NOT release as much info and screens as with HL2.. I think they released WAY too much info - wich was of course to keep people interested after the delay and leak, and understandable..
I WANT THOSE SCREENSHOTS! Now! I can't... go on... without them...

Lol basically ALL of hl2 was spoiled for me before I played it, even the alyx exploding in the end (I thought she died)

special-ed said:
I knew alyx died in the end of hl2 before playing it so the ending didn't ruin the game for meh before we found out she lived.
Damn you guys!!! Write ***SPOILERS*** before you start blurting out crucial storylines!!! Just coz the game's been out for 6 months doesn't mean everyone's played it!

I have but...well....I'm thinking of others :)

Sounds like a god idea. Go into it not knowing anything about the game so everything's a surprise. I'm in. Hope I can hold out though...

PvtRyan said:
Stealing sonoffabitch! :O
My avatar! What are you doing?!

It looks too much like mine :(

:LOL:

I didn't make this avatar. Some mod here did a while ago (can't remember who). I've had it for a while now though.;)

p.s. Looks like I registered 10 days before you.:p

corkscru74 said:
Just coz the game's been out for 6 months doesn't mean everyone's played it!

If you haven't by now, you deserve to have it be spoiled.

wilka91 said:

- watch any videos

When I play Aftermath, I don't wanna have the feeling that I've already knew about all the levels and seen some of the coolest sequences in the game! NO THANK YOU, I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE TWICE.

so kind of like selibacy(sp?)
but i don't think i can resist i have the will power of a small ferrett... of course i don't know how much will power a small ferrett has but you get the idea

I played Half-Life 2 without looking a single screenshot, or hearing a single spoiler (I hadn't followed the game AT ALL). Hell, I didn't even know who those grumpy fellows with the white gasmasks were! I also played the game in two non-stop sittings, one 12 hours, the other 15.

I experienced the game the way Gordon was meant to. Envy me.

I'm not gonna read anything about it either. I knew far too much about HL2 when I played it. I had no idea what I was getting into when I played HL1, and that's what made it so amazing. So yeah, no Aftermath screenies for me! :D

I thought this right after playing some of HL2, wishing i hadn't seen so much material, i new about lamarr ages before, so he never really grew on me. So aftermaths announcement seems like a good time to start...yet i have already read my sca...pc gamer :cat:

wilka91 said:

- watch any videos

Yeah, same here. Good job Valve for releasing the binks to all the most important parts of HL2 last time around, including the intro sequence.

I don't think I can resist aftermath videos and screenshots :(

Join The Resistance Now! Together We Can Resist The Temptation!

None of the Half-Life 2 videos or Screenshots spoiled anything for me.

Most of the stuff displayed didn't even exist in hl2, like the scene where striders attack the lab.. and the docks!

StardogChampion said:
Yeah, same here. Good job Valve for releasing the binks to all the most important parts of HL2 last time around, including the intro sequence.

It is funny though, that in that one hallway in Nova Prospekt with 2 turrets right before the laundry room, they put up a little trap for those trying to emulate the E3 2003 videos :E

Hah I knew exacly what to do... I was like LOL I JUST GOTTA GO AROU.. BOOM!!!

You know, I'm beginning to doubt that and screenshots/scans for Lost Coast and Aftermath even exist.

someone tried sending me scans of the lost coast but the links were broken..

What are you talking about? I've actually seen them and read the articles on the lost coast and aftermath, if you read ANY of the main thread that reveiled this, in the Aftermath forum, it says it from pc gamer this month. I've been lucky enough to get these pictures and they do exist...don't be so naive.

I've seen them too, and that's when I decided that it was the last preview I was looking at. Besides, the screenshots reveal nothing!

i only looked at officially released content for HL2 and i felt that it didnt really ruin anything for me. ill look at aftermath content as long as it doesnt reveal all of the new enemies/weapons/locations.

EDIT: btw, how are the screens in the magazine looking? being in the U.S. i dont have the opportunity to see them.

Yeah, the best thing for Valve to do would be to make all the screenshots show possible routes through the thing, then make massive, highly elaborate traps.

Members of the conspiracy, you are revealing yourselves....
Something like this wouldn't remain hidden for long. It'd spread like fire. Couldn't even dig it up with google.

Jeez thorn, you got no luck. :p

You're not missing much though. The only really interesting parts are the valve quotes. Otherwise, it's just speculation over the tiny amount of info shown in the screens.

Back