mobo just quit powering up..

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
it was working earlier but all the sudden (maybe I did something while putting in power switch/led connectors) the mobo just dosent get any power :( ... totally ****ed. not only that but the fans dont spin so it leads me to think its a powersupply problem.. but when I power down I hear a faint whisstle down sound something makes when a power source is turned off... anyone got some ideas?

btw I have a xaser III and av8 abit urguru 420watt psu with tons of fan headers (huge mess this case is)

Well when you turn the PSU off you will hear a quiet noise like a zap.
But I would just double check all of your power connections again. Make sure none of them are shorting the case and make sure none of them are black from being fried. Don't forget to plug in any motherboard power plugs. Same with the CPU or PSU fan header plugs. It checks to see if they are plugged in before turning on.

I have the same problem actually, when I un-hook my cable, the next day the Comp will take at least 30 mintues to start.

I just built this machine.. I think the psu has been problamatic for awhile :( shitty case..

Sounds like either something is shorted or your PSU is out. Only PSU I trust is Antec TruPower.

Not sure which pin, but you can check you MB power connector for voltage. Try a google search and have your voltmeter handy.

Back