Mod idea

D

Dark_Mirror

Hi there,

I was just watching another 9/11 documentary when I got the idea of googling for a 9/11 mod. Well, I found none, at least none, that I would call a real mod. So I was thinkng about a new HL2 mod about 9/11.

I know, I know this kinda sounds strang BUT image this:

The game starts, you are in one of the towers and have to save your life. there a people running around crazy, crying, unable to move, you can halp them. When you get out the the tower you just come out of the tower comes down and you have to run from the dust cloud (actually you don't have to, but I guess most people will as a natural reaction to a scary gray cloud comming towards them). That is the beginning, then...well I haven't thought about that, yet, but I'm thinking about something like a conspiracy, something with more bombings in NY.
So, what cha think?

You won't get far with just an idea. :p Got any modding skills?

I hate the idea, but I also thought it was a pretty soulless move to make movies about it.

Sorry, but I don't think that it's a good idea.

Agreed. If somebody did complete a 9/11 mod, and the media got wind of it...

some things are just distasteful. there are no "escape the concentration camp" games for a reason.

POW camps != concentration camps

ok, i cann see why some of you don't like the idea. and i am willing to accept it. but actually the setting is less imporant to me than the feeling. what i'd like to create is a situation that makes you feel helpless at first and the more the story goes on the more you understand what's going on around you. the "game" is not about 9/11 and taking revenge on some terror or anybody. it's mainly about the people. you are there, you can help, you have to help. but what are you going to do?
You see I am thinking about integrating some option that allows you to chose whether you help or not. something like:
"Firefighter comes to you asks you to join him. if you do, he'll guide you to a house where you have to get in and help get people out. or you don't join him and you don't help" but all of this is still an idea.
Or maybe we take a totally different path let the whole story develop along the "Loose Change" conspiracy theory..I don't know...
And maybe I should have called the wohle thing "TOTAL CONVERSION idea" instead of "Mod idea".

btw: the argument that "what if the media got wind of it" i mean WTF?!?! **** the media. I mean all over europe politicians are discussing about banning CS and games like that. to hell with them. I play cs for years now and have i changed? not a bit? well, i got older and became an adult, girlfriend and all. but i did not become some psycho! So you can take you media a do things with it. I do not care about them.:borg:

A thumb rule when it comes to ideas like this is not to use the same environment as the real event. People can relate too much to that and that's a negative thing.

Just change the setting and you should be okay, it's commonly used in movies and video games. It also let you add some of your own ideas to the mix instead of being locked into one realistic thing.

The same as the above post;

Make it a prisoner escaping Nova Prospekt after the teleport incident.

Back