Mod of the Year Awards

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
The winners in the Seventh Annual Mod of the Year Awards have all been revealed and mods for Valve games feature heavily all the way through the different award catergories.[br]<div align="center">The Mod of the Year - Players Choice</div>[br]There were many honourable mentions in the released Mod of the Year category including Insurgency, Sven Co-op, Empires and Dystopia. Half-Life 2 Wars was at 10, Age of Chivalry at 8 and Eternal Silence was at number 7. Pirates, Viking and Knights 2 came in at 6 and Zombie Master was in 5th place. Portal: Prelude was in third place and Zombie Panic: Source came in second place. The BF2 Mod Project Reality was the number one mod in this category.[br]<div align="center">Upcoming Mod - Players Choice</div>[br]Black Mesa received an honourable mention in the Upcoming Mod category. The Neotokyo mod for Half-Life 2 was in second place and Dead Before Dawn for Left 4 Dead was voted top of this category.[br]Of course there were many other awards handed out, head over to the Mod of the Year Awards page to find out more.

Congrats to all the mods mentioned, the hard work pays off! :p

lol zombie master

thanks to everyone for helpin' spread the hl2wars love <3

Yay Portal Prelude!

Also, it's missing a fourth place.

Good mods and all, but i honestly have to disagree slightly. Portal Prelude is too high up, seeing how its just a nicely made map pack but doesnt add a lot of new content... Zombie Panic Source is overrated, honestly, that game is not fun at all. You wanna have some zombie fun, play the CSS zombie mod or even the garrys mod one, both are way better. Of course left4dead is practically the god above them all, but thats a different story...

Some of those mod were from previous years too, werent they? Insurgency i remember won quite a few awards last year; god it pisses me off when award ceremonies give awards to game that weren't even released that year...

Some of those mod were from previous years too, werent they? Insurgency i remember won quite a few awards last year; god it pisses me off when award ceremonies give awards to game that weren't even released that year...
All mods are eligible for the MOTY awards provided they have released a major update in the past year. I don't see anything wrong with rewarding mod teams for continually working on improving their mods, in fact it should be positively encouraged. In fact the Moddb staff have chosen a good compromise by giving these mods honourable mentions and not allowing them to crowd out the smaller or lesser-known mods doing good work.

Glad to see The Ball and Zeno Clash getting deserved exposure.

Back