Mod or Not "You Make The Call" - NeoTokyo

Mod or Not?

• Total voters

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
modornot.jpg

Welcome to a new feature we are launching, "Mod or Not". This is a play on the popular and well known site "Hot or Not" where individuals could upload a photo and be given thumbs up or thumbs down.

We are asking you your opinion of some of the most well known mods out there and some of the lesser known smaller ones also. Every player gets a different experience, and this simple concept allows players to share their thoughts and rate if you think a certain mod is worth your approval. We are not asking if it’s a mod we are in fact asking if it’s “Hot” but changing the word to “Mod”.

We will start discussions on mods out there, or you can contact us and request a discussion on a mod giving the community a chance to put the mod through its paces and deliver a verdict. After a few days discussion we will reach a consensus of the community and rate it 'mod' or possibly not.

So, without further adieu, please click your vote to what you think of our first feature. The mod we are selecting is:

NEOTOKYO is a first person shooter that aims to provide a visceral & realistic combat experience in a rich futuristic setting. NEOTOKYO takes place in and around a fictionalized Tokyo approximately 30 years in the future. Mankind has begun to fuse with technology. Government and corporate corruption have transformed Tokyo into a deadly dystopian nightmare.

Mod Status: Released
Development time: 2 years
SteamWorks supported: No
Mod Type: Multiplayer only

I only played for a little bit, but while it's certainly a mod, I myself did not enjoy it very well. Maybe in a future patch they'll fix some of the lag and balance problems, and it will be much better. They did quite a bit of work on it, seeing as it's almost nearly a fully different game. Also, needs more gametypes.

Yes, Neo Tokyo is hot. Although, just like Blood Harvest in L4D, it sometimes gives the BSOD, which makes me sad.

I remember Neo Tokyo beginning development before HL2 was even released. I think that alone makes it a Mod!

I was disappointed with NT, and I have been a fan since near the beginning.

I remember Neo Tokyo beginning development before HL2 was even released. I think that enough makes it a Mod!

^This.
I'm pretty sure it's been in development well over 2 years.

I've really enjoyed playing since launch. I'm not sure if it will continue to grow and build a player base. Perhaps some more gamemodes would support it further. SteamWorks would be great for this mod.

But because the team have done such a great job so far (I'm sure they'll carry on in that direction). Mod for me.

To be honest I was far from blown away. IMO a classic case of "style over substance" or as it comes in modding "media over gameplay"

Your cleverly conceived title fails, because every mod you post on it is, by definition, a mod. Thus any "not" votes are factually incorrect.

I havent played the mod, so i'll refrain from voting, even though I know it is indeed a mod.

or as it comes in modding "media over gameplay"

Don't drag all modders over that line, I know some mods take gameplay serious, and we for instance take it very serious as well.

The funny thing about Neotokyo is that its almost is striving to not be a mod, but a game. They released the soundtrack for the mod (which was good) as a purchasable OST (downloadable and hard copies!). I've never heard of anything like that before for a mod...and I didn't really approve.

My judgement for this one has kind of gone through how enjoyable the mod itself has been.

Thats cause the first release of Neo was just that a mod. They have become a studio. What other projects or if they purchased the valve engine like Gary time will tell.

Your cleverly conceived title fails, because every mod you post on it is, by definition, a mod. Thus any "not" votes are factually incorrect.

I havent played the mod, so i'll refrain from voting, even though I know it is indeed a mod.
... you didn't read the post, did you.

Thats cause the first release of Neo was just that a mod. They have become a studio. What other projects or if they purchased the valve engine like Gary time will tell.

Garry bought a license? I thought he was "given" it?

Back