ModDB Announce Their Top 100

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Mod DB have announced the results for their top 100 mods, down from 4000 voted mods. Looking at Half-life 2, Portal & Left 4 Dead, all the big mods we've seen throughout the past year seem to be in with a chance.
  • Portal's one and only participant is Portal Prelude
  • Released Half-life 2 mods: Age of Chivalry, Battle Grounds 2, D.I.P.R.I.P, Dystopia, Empires, Eternal Silence, Fistful of Frags, Fortress Forever, Half-life 2: Wars, Insurgency, Jailbreak, Pirates, Vikings and Knights II, Resistence & Liberation, Smashball, SMOD, Synergy, Zombie Master, Zombie Panic: Source.
  • Upcoming Left 4 Dead Mod: "Dead Before Dawn" (Mall campaign).
  • Upcoming Half-life 2 mods: Berimbau, Black Mesa Source, CURSE, Decadence, Lost Hope, Neotokyo
Some big names in those lists, with lots of teams out there desperate to see support from the community for all the hard work they put into their modifications. To vote click here, and find Half-life 2 in the list to show all the mods up for nomination. Vote for your Mod of the Year!

Not a bad list. I enjoy playing most of these!

Good Choices Moddb

man I never even heard of berimbau(looks freakin sweet!). I gotta catch up on my mod news.

Berimbau is pretty much sex, I've been following their news for the past six months or so. They haven't released a public build yet but from their videos it seems like they're doing quite well giving Source a distinct, non-frustrating melee combat system. I look forward to checking that out.

Thanks everyone who voted for HL2: Wars to get us into the top 100 for a second year.

Insurgency for teh win :)

Insurgency is my favourite released mod, just ahead of PVK2. Black Mesa has my vote for most awesome mod overall though. Can't wait for its release thins year :cheers:

id never heard of dear esther before, but i really wanna play it now, it looks great.

big names in those lists

Some big names in those lists, with lots of teams out there desperate to see support from the community for all the hard work they put into their modifications. To vote click here, and find Half-life 2 in the list to show all the mods up for nomination. Vote for your Mod of the Year!

Back