model compile error please help

Davina1961

Reaction score
I decompiled male_anims.mdl and modified the qc file. now when I compile it, it gets to a_head_rot_rt.smd and says

ERROR: cannot find bone ValveBiped.Bip01_L_Toe0 for bbox

I guess its referring to line 23 in the qc;

$hbox 6 "ValveBiped.Bip01_L_Toe0" -0.500 -3.000 -2.190 2.500 0.000 2.460

I havnt modified this part of the qc file. Any ideas why its bringing up this error?

thanks X

that happens to me a lot when I do a selection based export and accidentally miss a bone

what program are you using?

Yeah I used to get a similar problem by missing a bone but this is from a decompiled model I havnt touched the smd files. I can compile it by deleting the line I quoted from the qc file but that seems to screw it up a bit.

the animations arnt working but I have a feeling that is due to something else and not from deleting the hbox line.

I did it from decompiled models too, it's just when I exported I had a bone accidentally hidden or something..

Are you saying you just decompiled it and recompiled without touching anything in your model editor (btw what program are you using?)?

If so that is indeed odd

Also in terms of the animations are they not working or does part of the model seem really oddly stretched?

I use xsi but yeah i jsut decompiled and recompied without touching anything. Its just a set of animations.

well they dont work but instead of the jesus liek default pose it is rotated 90 degrees to the right, which I know is a common problem from decompiling, however the feet are facing the right direction. i dont know if that is due to deleting the hbox line,

the animations dont play atall everything is this weird new edition of the default pose. It is most strange.

Back