Mods that you want to see

Deathwish-uk-

Reaction score
I've had a couple of good ideas for Half Life 2 that could make good mods.

1. A Halo mod, I know Half LIfe 2 and Halo 2 are rivals, but I think the Source engine could actually play Halo pretty well. You'd have a lot of skinning to do, but I think it would be possible, well on the source engine anything is posible.

2. You play a soldier during the Combine attack, it would be similiar to the Opposing Force expansion for HL 1. It would have to be really atmoshperic kinda like Call Of Duty, your missions would mainly be holding the combine back and losing.

Anyone else got any good ideas?

alot of mod ideas are going around so anything i say will prob be already being made.

i would like to see a surprise type mod for hl2. if you havent played surprise your really missing out every weapon in half life one had 3 diferent types of fire like ice nades, fire nades,grappling hook crowbar, crow barr boomerang,etc etc.

very cool mod.

I think the most obvious is a quake mod, quake has always been the best DM FPS and to see the game remade with a new engine would just be awesome.

I've also heard SOO many people say Onslaught (One of the modes in ut2k4) was a good idea on a bad engine.. I didnt get to play much so i wouldnt know.

But yeh, a quake 3 or rocketarena mod for hl2 would be awesome IMO... speaking of, does anyone know of a site that has all the mods being devoloped listed or something?

well quake4 is going to be on the doom3 engine, so thats going to be enough modernized quake for now (just hope it comes out soon)

yay, someone give us surpise on source :D

wow, that mod was such fun on small LANs...

I want to see a revolution mod! :cheese:

The story is set in a rich country with a fascist government.
In single player you play as some kind of punk that wants to bring the government down and establish democracy/anarchy/communism or whatever, and the gameplay would be quite similar to HL2. What about making a revolution in co-op? =D

substance said:
I think the most obvious is a quake mod, quake has always been the best DM FPS and to see the game remade with a new engine would just be awesome.

Which begs the question, will there be a DMC 2? Or maybe just DMC:S.

I'm very much looking forward to what people come up with on the Source engine. An idea I had was a junkyard challenge type thing, where opposing sides used gravity guns (or something) to make vehicles out of parts in a huge junkyard and then race/battle them. I'm not really sure how you'd get that to work, it'd definitely be a task.

I know the World War II idea is tired, but I'd really like to see someone attempt something like COD:UO. Like Battlefield but on a smaller scale, so that vehicles wouldn't have total supremecy. There'd still be plenty of use for skirmishes, and if done right team tactics would be of the utmost importance. The maps would be just sparse enough so that you'd have to stick to platoons to survive, moving from cover to cover and avoiding tanks and snipers. Actually, come to think of it it doesn't even have to be a WWII mod... but I really like the weapons from that era :)

i like the vietnam setting more than the ww2 setting, but any kind of mod thats completely redone from the hl2 setting is good enough for me..

i would like to see an alien vs preditor mod but I think it would be easier to make for doom 3 :devil:

Perfect Dark! Zelda (With swords and Longshots) And more singleplayer mods, there werent that many decent ones for HL.

Yes, more singleplayer mods. I get bored after a while of all the mods with multiplayer only.

And I'd like a Vietnam singleplayer mod when you play as the FNL or something, tired of being american.

Deathwish-uk- said:
I've had a couple of good ideas for Half Life 2 that could make good mods.

1. A Halo mod, I know Half LIfe 2 and Halo 2 are rivals, but I think the Source engine could actually play Halo pretty well. You'd have a lot of skinning to do, but I think it would be possible, well on the source engine anything is posible.

2. You play a soldier during the Combine attack, it would be similiar to the Opposing Force expansion for HL 1. It would have to be really atmoshperic kinda like Call Of Duty, your missions would mainly be holding the combine back and losing.

Anyone else got any good ideas?

I would also like to see a type of Opposing Force Mod. Were u would play as a rebel or even as a combine trying to kill Groden... that would be sweet

Well someones even working on Airsoft mod, that should be interesting

there's plenty of 7 Hour War mods coming out, don't you worry about that. I personally know which one will be best :D

I can see the first expansion pack coming out taking place during the 7 hour war. Give a little more insight into the whole story ya think gearbox will make the expansion packs again?

How long do you guys think it will be before we see some good mods poping up around the community? DO they take any more than 6 months>?

Back