mohaas help

A.k

Reaction score
i got medal of honor allied assault war chest and started it up. the game won't start. it goes from console -> black screen -> desktop. same with the demo.

You need to help us to help you.
Always state:
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • Graphics Card
  • If your up-to-date with graphics drivers
  • Operating System
  • Hard disk size
  • Any error messages which might show

Have you tried patching the game?

could always try updating your video drivers. Not really sure what the problem could be from the pics you posted, you tried reinstalling the game after a complete uninstall?

you might have to run the windows program compatibility wizard - you have one of the latest platforms and well moh is old

around the first few months i had the computer i was able to play the demo just fine. after that i uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few months later and it came up with the error. i reinstalled it again and still. i just reinstalled the full and updated the drivers but still same thing

MOHAA Works fine under the NT kernel, had it running perfect in Windows 2000.

Things to try:
Disable any anti-virus software

Check your system for bad RAM, the kind of error message you got is that Windows one where Windows thinks IT has caused a problem and want you to send an error report to Microsoft. MemTest86.com

As suggested earlier, completely uninstall the video drivers and reinstall them.

I assume your DirectX is up to date.

Are you running the game as a user with Administrative priviliges? Some games require you to be an Admin when running the game.

Find a patch for the game which might make it run better under newer Operating Systems

Let us know how you get on

i put memtest on for 4 hours with no errors.

i tried switching off the anti-virus, no difference.

uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, no difference.

DirectX is up to date.

I have Administrative priviliges

i tried to install a newer patch for the game and it came up with an error aswell! it said WARNING: Could not find the UK or US version of Medal Of Honor Allied Assault on your computer. Setup will now exit

TheGrimSweeper said:
format computer.

fixes all problems.
Not a very constructive way of fixing anything, and is always a last resort to a major problem.

It looks like you downloaded a non-English patch, or the game is not properly installed.
Try this patch link. Its a North American version.
If not, try re-installing, make sure the disks arent scratched or anything.

Edit: An even later patch that supposedly should work on UK/US versions here

The error looks like its Windows fault, not the games.

Try Windows Updates, see if that helps any.

ah problem solved, i tried older drivers and it worked. thx for your help

if you had used the program compatibility wizard when i suggested it it would have worked...

well time to get a new computer ahahaha jk.

Dont know whast plauging u lol.

PEACE:bounce:

well i have another problem now, its with command & conquer: red alert 2. same error message, tried different drivers and program compatibility wizard. kinda same thing like moh plus it worked some months ago

I'm going to jump in the format boat too. Back up your stuff and nuke your computer. I guarantee everything will work after that. Plus its good to reformat once a year or so anyway.

FictiousWill said:
I'm going to jump in the format boat too. Back up your stuff and nuke your computer. I guarantee everything will work after that. Plus its good to reformat once a year or so anyway.

how about if i done system restore to a few months earlier

Back