MONSTERS INC 2 WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN POSTED YET

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/apr/23/monsters-inc-2

After nearly a decade away, the furry freaks Sulley and Mike are to return to the task of not-really-frightening children. Disney-Pixar has announced a sequel to Monsters Inc, the 2001 movie that became the eighth highest grossing animation of all time, taking $256m (£167m). The new film will appear in cinemas in November 2012. In the meantime, two other Disney-Pixar sequels will reach the screen – Toy Story 3 this summer and Cars 2 next year.

Sequels and spin-offs look set to dominate the animation market in the immediate future. As well as the Disney-Pixar trio, DreamWorks premiered Shrek Forever After in 3D at the Tribeca film festival this week, and Antonio Banderas has confirmed that his Puss in Boots character is to get his own vehicle, due for release next year. Shrek 2, Shrek the Third and Shrek are, respectively, the No 1, No 4 and No 6 grossing animations in history, taking a combined total of $1.03bn. Shrek Forever After, in which the green ogre is tricked by Rumpelstiltskin and finds himself in an alternate Far Far Away, is released in the UK on 9 July.

Two other animated sequels are also in production. DreamWorks has a third Madagascar film slated for release in 2012, while the Weinstein Company is working on a followup to Hoodwinked, the Red Riding Hood retelling that took $110m worldwide against an estimated budget of only $15m.

Thread title should be renamed: "MONSTERS INC 2 WHY"

Well mostly because Monsters, Inc wasn't that good in the first place.

It wasn't one of Pixar's best, but it's still a good film and better than 95% of the churn that Hollywood produces.

I haven't seen Up, Wall-E or Cars, so my opinion might be off, but I really loved Monsters Inc. What Pixar films did you think were their best?

I love Monsters Inc. That said, I was hoping Pixar would stop doing sequels after Toy Story.

Monsters Inc was great. I felt the story was nicely concluded though. I would love to see an Incredibles sequel over any other Pixar franchise.

Well mostly because Cars wasn't that good in the first place.

We finally agree on something.

Monsters Inc is awesome.

Cars is awful.

I haven't seen Up, Wall-E or Cars, so my opinion might be off, but I really loved Monsters Inc. What Pixar films did you think were their best?

Wall-E, Up and Toy Story 2

I liked Monsters Inc.

The sequel should be about how mankind hunts down those beasts to the last eyeball freak standing. There should be government agencies, military operations, black ops, and shit like that.

The previous statement was an attempt at proving that I have grown more mature since my watching of Monsters Inc, but seems to have horribly failed/edit.

I dont see the problem with a sequel to this. i'd rather have a sequel to this than cars, incredibles or finding nemo :|

You didn't like The Incredibles? o_O

Actually I was thinking it would make a better sequel than the others. Not that I really remember anything about it.

But I almost never like sequels. The Empire Strikes Back was awesome.

Isnt it quite impossible to make a GOOD sequel considering how the first one ended? I cant think of any way to continue the story in a new and exciting way.

I read about a new movie that pixar was making about 2 geckos of a extinct especies trying to get to love each other to save the specie and something like that

but was cancelled and them this is confirmed

pixar is getting desperate

Well mostly because Monsters, Inc wasn't that good in the first place.

I thought Monsters Inc was a great film, at least it was miles better than Ratatouille. *shudders* Now *that* was Pixar's absolute worse! And finding Nemo wasn't all that much better.

Yeah, Ratatouille was pretty lousy. Cars also looked terrible so I didn't see it. And Finding Nemo wasn't that great.

Why with the sequels? All of their movie ideas up to Toy Story 3 (and excluding Toy Story 2) were original ideas that they came up with IN ONE DAY. Now that they used up that ONE DAY'S worth of ideas its like they gave up and said "**** it. Sequels from here on!"

Ratatouille is simply beautiful. I've always liked stories told through the eyes of mice since I was a little kid. It was the only Pixar movie that I really felt a connection to the artwork and I just couldn't wait to see it. It was a little disappointing, and I don't think I'd call it great, but it was a very good movie.

I'm partial to mice stories and computer animation.

Cars never did anything for me. I first watched Nemo about a month ago, quite reluctantly, actually. I too thought it would be awful based on what I had heard.

I was quite touched by it. I don't think it's anything particularly special, but I thought it was nice.

i think monsters, inc is probably my favourite pixar film

Cars never did anything for me. I first watched Nemo about a month ago, quite reluctantly, actually. I too thought it would be awful based on what I had heard.

I was quite touched by it. I don't think it's anything particularly special, but I thought it was nice.

Nemo had some laughs and certainly some touching scenes, but most of the characters annoyed the shit out of me.

You didn't like The Incredibles? o_O

Actually no i didnt. I find it to be the most overrated pixar movie for some reason i just cant explain. Dont ask me to justify it, i just found incredibles quite boring and very disappointing given how excited i was for it when it came out.

After that I actually stopped watching pixar movies in cinemas too although idk that maybe because of my getting older. Last pixar movie i seen in a cinema was wall-e as an exception to the rule and i really liked wall-e.

Also i have not seen ratatouille.

Actually no i didnt. I find it to be the most overrated pixar movie for some reason i just cant explain.

fag

EF5BC2C0D25342BA643C7BC5544244.jpg

I like all of Pixar's stuff (except for Cars). Hmm, why hasn't Bug's Life been mentioned yet? That one was great.

Funnily enough, just rented the Blu Ray Monsters Inc from Lovefilm yesterday.

Not only does it look simply amazing, but god I missed that film. So damn funny. Mike is just hilarious. Some of his facial expressions were classic.

Finding Nemo looked amazing on Blu Ray but unfortunately wasnt actually that great as a package.

I would say Monsters Inc was my favourite up to now. Toy Story is good but I hated Buzz Lightyear, mainly because of the voice.

I like all of Pixar's stuff (except for Cars). Hmm, why hasn't Bug's Life been mentioned yet? That one was great.

A Bug's Life was good because KevinSpaceyKevinSpaceyKevinSpacey as HOPPER

hopper.jpg

...but I liked Antz more because GeneHackmanGeneHackmanGeneHackman as GENERAL MANDIBLE. Militaristic, bourgeois bastard.

gene_hackman_antz_001.jpg

The Incredibles is good but not as good as so many people claim.

The only Pixar film I have disliked has been Cars. The only one I haven't thoroughly loved has been Finding Nemo. Every other film of theirs has been an instant favorite of mine.

But I'm not thrilled that Newt has apparently been canceled. Especially considering that the decision may have been in light of their new conquest to make only sequels forever. :( Still, Toy Story 3 was one of my favorite Pixar films, so I won't talk shit about sequels, even if Monster's Inc. doesn't really lend itself to one.

I guess "Brave" is still in production, but that isn't until 2012. :|

I keep hearing that Ratatoolie or whatever its called is fantastic, I've been meaning to see it but it looks bad.

PIXAR THREAD GETS FULL ATTENTION

I dont see the problem with a sequel to this. i'd rather have a sequel to this than cars, incredibles or finding nemo :|
I don't want any sequels to any Pixar movies. Just crank out original awesome idea please (although I'd be lying if I told you an Incredibles sequel wouldn't be really ****ing tempting).
Cars is awful.
Wrong. I won't say it's fantastic or anything, but it's got a lot of heart and it could atleast be described as 'pretty decent'. I'm saying this without ignoring Larry the Cable Guy, Jesus Christ, imagine how good it would've been without him.
Wall-E, Up and Toy Story 2
Up is the most overrated Pixar. Fact.
The Incredibles is good but not as good as so many people claim.
Die.
I keep hearing that Ratatoolie or whatever its called is fantastic, I've been meaning to see it but it looks bad.
I feel the same way about it. The premise looked generic animated silly animal movie and nothing jumped out and made me want to watch it, but it's Pixar so I'll get around to it sometime.

Ratatouille and Finding Nemo are both very good. Pixar's worst films were A Bug's Life and Cars.

Back