More info on Natural Selection: Source!

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
We are still testing the site and are about to open it up to a wider group of people. The site has been a true nightmare to work on, but we're going to get it right.

In other news, we are preparing for imminent, earnest work on Natural Selection: Source! I wasn't sure which direction it should go, but after seeing some of the upcoming technology and features in Source, everything has become clear. There won't be any announcements until we are financially stable, but now I'm sure that's going to happen, it's just a matter of when!

For the record, NS:S will be released through Steam and will cost money ($19.95?) and will be a standalone game. From the beginning, the idea has been to create Natural Selection, give it away and then sell the sequel. Back then, I thought the sequel would be much bigger and for retail, but a lot has changed in the past almost five years since starting work on NS. Now the sequel will have a smaller scope and will be sold online, but we will retain more control, will need less money up-front and will get paid more for every copy sold. It's not what I was expecting, but it's definitely no worse! The only thing I can say about the game itself right now is that if you liked NS, you will love NS:Source.
I would gladly pay for NS:Source! And it looks like the official site and forums will be up soon. Also NS:S now has the funding so it will be in full development now. :thumbs: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

Finally! NS is some of the best multiplayer ever, especially in clan matches. I really can't wait.

I hope that with the fact they are charging, they'll be able to ramp up the development time, I don't want to have to wait three years :'(

Of course I'll pay for this one, I've been playing NS for years. Best mod IMHO

I love NS, but to pay? no thanks

Translation:
"I dont care how much time, work and money people put into my games, I still dont want to show my apprecation and pay a few bucks for it."

*cough*
ahem...

I've been following the news as well on the website. Constellation members (donators) get access to the forums and the rest of the NS test website right now. S things are deffinetly still moving.

Well we should be starting to see some sketches, etc being made. And I want to be a constellation member! But I have 4 questions:
  1. How much does it cost?
  2. Where do I get it?
  3. What do I get with it?
  4. Is it a pay monthly thing?

Well we should be starting to see some sketches, etc being made. And I want to be a constellation member! But I have 4 questions:
  1. How much does it cost?
  2. Where do I get it?
  3. What do I get with it?
  4. Is it a pay monthly thing?

Nah, to be a constie you just donate like a min of $20 and your a member forever.
You even get early builds of NS (after the real playtesters get it of course). And access to the special section of their forums. Plus you get a little blue star next to your name on the score-board while your playing that everyone can see.
However, right now it dosent look like they have a link to donate.

However, right now it dosent look like they have a link to donate.
The constellation service went down together with the forums. This is why the team lacked financial support and they decided to develop the Zen of Sudoku game to get some money.

awesome :thumbs:

not sure if I'll buy it right away though, I'll have to see what everyone thinks about it.

I really want to see that Alien walker evolutionary organism leap from the shadows and rip to shit three marines so badly. Those were the scariest aliens I swear.

excellent news at last,

Love this mod, can't wait and see how they improved on the new engine.

I had an absolute blast with Natural Selection. Incredible experience. Can't wait.

Can't wait, I'll definetely pre-order the second it becomes available :)

Back