Mousepad question

Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering a func mousepad for my MX1000 because I'm not using anything atm and I wanted to know if I should also get some mouse skates to go with it or if I'd be fine without them.

Thanks.

I think you would be fine with out them. I tried some gaming mouse tape once and it worked very similar to what i had before (using a good mousepad). But it got a lot worse with the tape since dirt started to built up sticking to the tape.

Actually, go to an OfficeMax and pick up a WOWPAD. It's exactly the the expensive mousepads only it was... $5?

If you're getting a mousepad, buy a good one right away. Don't buy the cheap crap. I've spent about €100 so far on mousepads and now I think I finally have the perfect one. The Razer eXactmat.

It's very smooth. It has two sides, one with little friction (the speed side) and one with more friction (control side, still smooth like butter). It's made out of aluminum, so it doesn't wear off.

Note that I use this mousepad in combination with Hyperglides (hard teflon mousefeet).

It's an excellent mousepad for only $30. I'd suggest you get that one or don't get one at all.

I have both of the above. I started off using the razer exactmat when i had a copperhead, and i loved it to bits. Great mat, however i played so much that i actually wore the surface away across the most used part of the mat. Plus i had the first revision that had the logo plastered across the middle of the pad, which causes inaccurate reflection when the mouse crosses its path. However, later revisions just had a small logo in the corner, thereby removing the problem. Anyway, what i'm trying to say is: top notch !!!

I, like Shippi, now have a steelpad 4s, mainly because i bought a 2nd edition icepad (love them, so smooth) only to find that the G5 doesn't like them at all (laser mice don't seem to work on them) and was recommended a steelpad 4s, which i bought, and so far has been very good. My only complaint is that it is a little smaller than i would like.

Back