MP5 Turns into the PDW..?

G

GOoch

Just wached the Kliner Vid ...At the end were Aylex Hands Gordon the gun she acctualy hands him an MP5K (Kurtz) and when its brought up to bear its acctualy the PDW..! i Know its a small thing but i like attention to detail :)

OMFG THAT MUST MEAN THEY WILL BE SOOO STUPID AS TO NOT NOTICE THAT AND PUT IT IN THE FINAL VERSION????

are you that thick anybody with little intelligence will know that it will be changed in the final version, the nerve to ask such a thing compels me.

Sorry g0och i don't mean to be rude

PDW with aimpoint mind you :afro:

I didnt see her hand gordon a mp5k, looked like a pdw to me.

I don't think that the weapon he picks up is a PDW. i think it's a fictional gun. The PDW is not so wide at the top. And it doesn't have that illuminated reticle sight.

Originally posted by GOoch
Just wached the Kliner Vid ...At the end were Aylex Hands Gordon the gun she acctualy hands him an MP5K (Kurtz) and when its brought up to bear its acctualy the PDW..! i Know its a small thing but i like attention to detail :)

Did you not read what what I said on IRC? They must have used the mp5 in the early stages of the development, but then decided to use the PDW later on, but they didn't have enough time to convert the w model of the mp5 to PDW, so left it as mp5 as a placeholder.

Nearly all of the footage released by Valve to the public was taken from more than a year ago. Any discrepencies like the gun switching between two types (and there are quite a few) are due to that they were using placeholder models/graphics that have been fixed for some time.

Valve has assured us there is no MP5, so when you play, the weapon will appear correctly.

Np Valved i didnt acctualy say it was going to be the final version m8.

i just noted the fact that the gun was different,
Just read the ****ing posts propley m8 before you start your usual antics..

Originally posted by El_Chi
Don't apologise.
sorry i don't think i've ever seen you before.

aww... you have been added to the ignore list, thank you for playing. have a good day.

haha valved, u must be a girl, hence ure PMS problems.. witch goes 24/7 :p

Originally posted by Totalkrusher
Nearly all of the footage released by Valve to the public was taken from more than a year ago. Any discrepencies like the gun switching between two types (and there are quite a few) are due to that they were using placeholder models/graphics that have been fixed for some time.

Valve has assured us there is no MP5, so when you play, the weapon will appear correctly.

Uhhh, no.

The footage was not from a year ago. The *build* of the engine was from a year ago, when they set the cutoff point (the point where they do not add anymore features.)

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
sorry i don't think i've ever seen you before.

aww... you have been added to the ignore list, thank you for playing. have a good day.
Er, excuse me? What was THAT for? I don't believe I actually said anything rude to you so why have I been reduced to a victim of your seemingly indiscriminate disdain and condescension? Or do your actions simply hold no no rhyme or reason?
Although I doubt I'll get a response now seeing as you've put me on your ignore list. Have a good day yourself, you arrogant arse.

Just to point it out, there is another gun under the other desk to the right of the desk that had the monitor that gordon knocked off. Not sure what it is, could be an mp5. You may need to take a screen shot to see it well.

Originally posted by BuBuliciouz
haha valved, u must be a girl, hence ure PMS problems.. witch goes 24/7 :p

LMAO! Good job mate, that was damn funny.

sad thing is, i think we are finding out these bugs before valve actually does...

KaoS87
Headcrab

sad thing is, i think we are finding out these bugs before valve actually does...

Sorry m8 i dont think this is the case at all, I started the thread because i noticed the gun change and thought ho i know the HL2 community pick everything up, Totaly every thing..
That said the media is realy old (Last september) so yea there are bugs in there Daft silly things that the community dose see good and bad.

These such things will be ironed out you can be sure of that. But to say were picking bugs like that up before ValVe is just Slightley optomistic m8.
Think the boys at our Fovorate Games Company will have all this stuff well in hand.

In older screens we see the combine with the mp5k (in the one where a combine is shooting a ant lion in the prison) so they must have changed the gun but forgot to change the w_ model. And the little orange thing on top is a aimpoint which is like a scope but without the zoom. And the PDW is about that size so I am quite sure it is a PDW

Originally posted by Spiffae
I don't think that the weapon he picks up is a PDW. i think it's a fictional gun. The PDW is not so wide at the top. And it doesn't have that illuminated reticle sight.
What? It does have a reticle... Those aiming ridges prove it's an MP-7, HK's trademark...

Thats some kind of MP7, but remember: the Valve never make realistic gun in game...

(HL1: Glock17 with burst fire, MP5 magazine with 50 ammuniton, etc.)...

If you want to know more those gun, head to http://www.hkpro.com/pdw.htm

Originally posted by Spiffae

pdwcover.jpg

pdwsight.jpg

mp7-co1.jpg

As you can see from these images the PDW does have an illuminated reticle. You'll notice that in the images they don't all look identical, as I think H&K are still working on the design.

1058471499.jpg

DWJ: A healthy, stable magazine for healthy, stable people.
No, really.

i think that you guys are forgetting that this game is coming out on the pc and not a console. What I am trying to say by this is that if there is a bug they can patch it! get over tiny mistakes in pc games. Don't even get me started on how many bugs there were when BF1942 first came out.

Id rather play with realistic weapons , but hey. Im sure it would be an easy conversion. (It may be the PDW , but the MP5K is cooler , and the Assault rifle in the movies I KNOW isnt real , which kinda sucks)

actually dimmitri i think the assualt rifle u speak of is real. its the OICW, its like a prototype.

As far as I have heard that it indeed what the assault rifle is supposed to be. Since its not finished yet that can account for the cosmetic differences.

The HK Object Individual Combat Weapon. The US Army are looking to replace the M16 with the OICW by 2005 if I remember correctly. Built in grenade launcher and many other snazzy features that make it better than the M16.

As for the PDW - It's now more commonly known as the MP7 and I'm guessing they'd like that to replace the MP5K within the next few years too. So they are realistic weapons.

Yeah, HL2 evidently takes place "In the future" to some degree, so it makes sense they have the next step in weapons. MP7s instead of MP5s. M29s [or OICW] instead of M4s. Of course it makes me wonder why the Combine is running around with American assault rifles......

Back