MP7 (custom?LOL)

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
Ok I admit im not into weapon modelling that much, ;)

but... :naughty: I had to give the MP7 a go. still got to model the magazine, and Im making a skin for the model at the moment,

could'nt seem to find any solid sources of good reference on a specific model type, so I used E3 screenshots and a few real images of the weapon to try and get it close to HL2's MP7.

MP7.jpg

MP7%20wire.jpg

omg that looks awesome, and very high poly. :p
but damn awesome!

now get it skinned

Looks good. :) How long that take ya?

about, 4-5 hours,, Im planning on the same time for the skin . thanx for your views btw :)

umm ive seen this gun b4 ..and in hl2...but isnt it suposed to be an mp6 unless....

Very, very good, hope by Half Life 3 time, models like that would be the minimum :).

I wonder why the MP7 has a laser sight?

lans said:
I wonder why the MP7 has a laser sight?
Well it's actually just a reflex sight (or a "red dot" sight.) A red dot is projected onto the glass. This type of sight makes it possible to keep both eyes open while firing (with a magnification site, it wouldn't work) while still seeing the image of the dot on the target, which increases your sight picture (the dot is not actually projected from the sight like a laser, it stays projected onto the lens.) If the sight is parallex free, then you also have the advantage of having the dot stay in the right place, no matter what angle you view the sight from (think about it ;)) It probably has that sight on there because it has a mounting rail, and that was the most accurate option :)

The sight clarky took looks like an EOTech. I'd scale it up a bit, seems to small ;)

Recoil said:
The sight clarky took looks like an EOTech. I'd scale it up a bit, seems to small ;)

I would resize it but, not sure, I compared it to the HL2 1st person perspective view,, (hope to render a few of those in the end), and it looks fine :).

umm n e way, heres how the maps going, ive halved the main body of the weapon, so I can mirror it later, map included. made it a bigger image so you guys can get a better look. :cheers:

but im working on the other maps, and adding bits to it, now that I can see what it looks like on the weapon. But right now, its Time for sleep :imu:

MP7-1.jpg

sweet model :D not to sure on the skin so far, looks abit to green.

It's looking good. As for the sight, I agree with recoil, you might want to size it up a little. But hey, it's your model, if you like it small, keep it small :thumbs:

awsome model. But I feel that i have to crit, so here goes...

the skin looks cool, not sure what you were aiming for. If it was "artistic" then the skin is awsome. if it was "realistic" it need some work.

and, if you're trying to be realistic on the model, the rail system is generally solid blocks, not 2 seperate ones. I know since you mirrored it it's a bit diffrent, but you cna just extend one side and delete the face that will be covered.

Sight: http://www.hkpro.com/pdwsight.jpg

:), well its sort of a custom job.. Im not sure exactley what model valve have based theres on, but the rail has split track pieces by the looks of it,

or I may of misinterpreted that , and they could be connected, but just seem that way,.. the sight in HL2 is different too, So I suppose you could call this a bit of an improvised model.

I guess im just going for the cool factor, rather than the realisim :thumbs:

but im still working on the map , so It'll look better (hopefully) at the end

virtual death hopefully Brian ;)

ive got a more realistic even tone to the map, + mapped the rail blocks and resized the sight slightly.

I'll post another when its finished

MP7-2.jpg

heh. I like the lego block like things on top of the MP7, stylish gun indeed. No wonder valve choosed it.

I don't really like this gun :p

But clarky's model is cool and the skin is better than I can do ;(

looking good man, looking good.

the fornt is the best part for me, i like the way the cylinders come out of the end. the skin looks a bit 'wishy-washy' atm, but im sure thatll be solved :)

I think its beautiful =D

You should write tutorials =/

What program did you use? Max?

That's looking very good, nice job.

looks lovly so far mate - skin at the moment would go well with the metrocop's uniforms in the game - lol :bounce: nice work.

Thank you for showing the grenade launcher modification valve put in their MP7! :D:D:D

No one believes me when I say it's there. :(

Simply amazing!
The model is supurb in my opinon.
The skin looks a little off to me, does look cool though!
If you were to work on it more then i'd have to suggest you make it a little more 'metal' like. Right now it looks like it has been made out of clay.
But none the less freaken awesome work.

If you were to work on it more then i'd have to suggest you make it a little more 'metal' like

The real deal is mostly made of polymer :D

Recoil said:
The real deal is mostly made of polymer :D
I remember hearing someone giving a guy advice, telling him to make his Glock frame skin more metallic :p

Hu? I don't know what you're talking about right now... o_O

Ok, I can't edit my previous post, so: first I thought me was the guy :)

But you're probably talking about some similarity to anyone/anythread else, right?

Alix, the Glock's frame is all 'plastic' too. While it's untrue that you can carry a Glock through a metal detector without it being alarmed.

Recoil said:
Ok, I can't edit my previous post, so: first I thought me was the guy :)

But you're probably talking about some similarity to anyone/anythread else, right?

Alix, the Glock's frame is all 'plastic' too. While it's untrue that you can carry a Glock through a metal detector without it being alarmed.
My head was spinning there for a second :rolling:

No, you aren't "the guy" :cheers: I was talking about something similar that happened in another thread. I guess I should have been more specific :)

lol.. well ive scruffed the map up a lil with scratches for a little more realisim (but yes it is polymer, and I guess polymer can have lil scratches and marks on it. , + mapped more stuff , and almost done,

butt of the weapon and screw pieces on the front handle need to be skinned. Then just the writing to go on, .

and the laser sight piece.

MP7-3.jpg

Nice. Is this for a particular mod, or just a self improvement type of model?

Dux said:
Nice. Is this for a particular mod, or just a self improvement type of model?

self improving Fan worship, :p... the only way I know how, Immitation.

I like it, looks better then Valve's model.
How many poly's?
And please make a tut. on how you made the model :)

Back