Multiplayer

Z

Z_Unit

How great, HL2 comes with no multiplayer.
How about stat this some time earlier than cople of month before relase? I am very disapointed because of this.

Is there at least slight chance that multiplayer will be added some time later, or with expansion pack like with Unreal 2?

Z_Unit said:
How about stat this some time earlier than cople of month before relase? I am very disapointed because of this.

Is there at least slight chance that multiplayer will be added some time later, or with expansion pack like with Unreal 2?

It's been known that it doesn't come with a multiplayer mode for a long time now.

As far as I know they stated that there are no plans to create an HL2 themed multiplayer. A mod team can, but Valve won't.

However, we will have CS:S, DOD:S, and Team Fortress 2 so I don't see how we have anything to complain about really.

We? Speak for yourself!
Long ago, its been told ~4 month ago or so. But how people should know this if there is even no official game faq on homepage, btw homepage looks like joke!
What you mean by mod team? Some forum users that will make a mod, who need this crap, i only play original games and no mods anyway.

Who needs DOD:S and CS:S and TF2 if i speak of HL2 its same as you tell me go play UT 2004 if you want multiplayer!

Z_Unit said:
We? Speak for yourself!

Most games come with one multiplayer. Hl2 comes with three different MP games. What is there to complain about?

Z_Unit said:
Long ago, its been told ~4 month ago or so. But how people should know this if there is even no official game faq on homepage, btw homepage looks like joke!

I agree they should have made the info more available to the general public.

Z_Unit said:
What you mean by mod team? Some forum users that will make a mod, who need this crap, i only play original games and no mods anyway.

Your loss. In my experience mod teams seem to make better multiplayer games anyway. (CS, DOD, and NS to name a few)

Z_Unit said:
Who needs DOD:S and CS:S and TF2 if i speak of HL2 its same as you tell me go play UT 2004 if you want multiplayer!

Ok, go play UT 2004 then.

Z_Unit said:
Neutrino go play yourself. Безмозглая сука.

Heaven forbid someone disagree with you. :rolleyes:

In case you forgot, we're on a forum here. See, how it works is you make a thread and then other people post what they think about the subject.

Neutrino said:
Most games come with one multiplayer. Hl2 comes with three different MP games. What is there to complain about?

Yes. Three DIFFERENT Mp games. Neither that have the physics that HL2 does, the facial expressions and so on.

I don't want 3 different MP games. I want one that uses HL2 with its physics, it's weapons, etc etc.

Thats like having someone win a contest and they get three crappy prizes, instead of one impressive prize.

btw, you pay extra for HL: Source.

EDIT: http://www.jhgamers.com/hl2dm/ Modders are already working on multiplayer.

devian said:
Yes. Three DIFFERENT Mp games. Neither that have the physics that HL2 does, the facial expressions and so on.

I don't want 3 different MP games. I want one that uses HL2 with its physics, it's weapons, etc etc.

Thats like having someone win a contest and they get three crappy prizes, instead of one impressive prize.

exactly. that's akin to someone buying (i dunno say doom 3) and they find out that instead of having deathmatch they have 10 different multiplayer games, TEN! holy shizz! one of them is pong. one is backgammon. one is checkers.............. see where i'm going? it doesn't matter that hl2 has 3 multiplayer modes cuz i dont WANT to play cs:s, nor do i want to play dod:s (which costs extra so that is a bad example), nor do i want to play TF2 for that matter, which probably will also cost money.

devian said:

Totally agree.

Neutrino said:
However, we will have DOD:S, and Team Fortress 2 so I don't see how we have anything to complain about really.
No "we" won't. Retail buyers like me don't even get DoD:S, TF2 or even a crappy port of HL1. And I for one know that i'm not paying for any of them.

We pretty much got shafted. Especially if you hate CS. The only thing good about CS is the model animations. The only reason it's still installed is because yyou can't map for HL2 yet.

They're making us pay for games that were once free, very annoying.

Z_Unit said:

it has been discoverd that is realy deos!!!

Heres how...

Type the following commands into the console in order to setup a server.
To get the console up either press the ~ key or put -console after your shortcut or
go to steam > play games > right mouse button on half life 2 > launch options > put -console there.

net_start
sv_lan 0
deathmatch 1
maxplayers (whatever you want)
map (mapname ie hl2mp2.bsp)
restart

NOTE: (they must be in that order)

To connect to a multiplayer game just type

"connect" followed by the IP address the port number is usally "27015".

Indeed, it does have multiplayer. It's pretty, uh, "interesting" right now, but the mere fact that it's there does suggest that VALVe intends to do something about it.

Sean said:
Indeed, it does have multiplayer. It's pretty, uh, "interesting" right now, but the mere fact that it's there does suggest that VALVe intends to do something about it.

Read somewhere that VALVe intends not to add multiplayer in the near future.

i my self soon as iy found it it did not have a multi player uninstalled and brang it back and now back to using my cracked CS:S version that still works ha in your face val's you POS

its rediculis how some people bitch and moan about no mulitplayer, friggin a just be glad HL2 finaly came out, give it some time it will come. geez!

KitoAce said:
i my self soon as iy found it it did not have a multi player uninstalled and brang it back and now back to using my cracked CS:S version that still works ha in your face val's you POS
Agreed

To kenyo, i wait for year of hl2 only for multiplayer and now even if it supports, i alredy know that because its supported in alpha, its really stupid to know valve could not spend some time to make couple of maps.
I pay money for HL2 not to wait someone make custom maps and mods. Anyway its very different from official, for example dont think there will be clanbase HL2 on custom maps. And how do you find servers when this stuff ready, if i dont have friends who play HL2 for example?
I stay away from HL2 unless threy release official multiplayer.

SweetVibes118 said:
its rediculis how some people bitch and moan about no mulitplayer, friggin a just be glad HL2 finaly came out, give it some time it will come. geez!
I finished SP now what start it over?

SweetVibes118 said:
give it some time it will come. geez!
I dont belive untill its officialy stated.

SweetVibes118 said:

Knowing Valve they will make us pay extra!

you wont be bitchin when half of these mods come out that people are making...
in 3-6 months ill be on here seeing the people who were once bitcihing now going" omfg i love you valve!11!!!1one!11 oneoneon
without you we would never have all these great mods! hence, this game will never get old!"

KitoAce said:

Enjoy having to go out and buy it again when the multi-mods come out.

Should i pay 40 buks for hl2 so wait custom mod's?
Again how would you find servers for them???

Next time they should write on cover: NO MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT

Z unit what are you talking about cs:s is great dod:s are we getting to so what is your ****ing pb.

<?>..::ButcheR::

I dont feel like paying extra to play mods i usually dont play at all.

You won't have to pay extra for mods (Unless you have the Bronze or Retail NON-CE Edition DOD:S is free)...stop whining, VALVe obviously chose not to include MP for a reason, trust in their good reasoning. If you'd just give CS:S a shot, you'd realize that it's friggin amazing, albeit a little dated.

Chunners said:
so when is team fortress 2 comming out?

never... we've been waiting on it for almost 5 years.

AND HALF LIFE HAS A MULTI PLAYER JESUS

it just sucks bawls and it's hidden in the game files. so just keep playing CS:S but it's not "half lifes multiplayer" it's a friggen mod ><

noobies :borg:

10000% agree Frist .... HL with no multiplayer is nothing ... I was waiting many many many time .. and counterstrike is laaaammeee !!!

lets see what the next days bring.. :p

Valve had already stated that the only multiplayer that would ship with HL2 was CS:S. It's not their fault that you didn't properly research their product before purchasing it. So sorry. Me? I'm completely happy with my purchase. Was I bummed that there would be no official HL2 MP? Yeah, I was. But I'm extremely satisfied with the SP, so I'm not going to complain.

You wanted MP? Then I hope that you were willing to wait another year if Valve was to produce anything decent.

Well CS sucks. I hate buying weapons and playing that CS crap gametype and boring maps. I want to kill will HL2 weapons and physics. I want to play on HL2 style maps.

<?>..::ButcheR:: said:
Z unit what are you talking about cs:s is great dod:s are we getting to so what is your ****ing pb.

<?>..::ButcheR::

I bought mine at a store so i am technically not getting dod:s i wouldnt mind cs:source but i get ****ing lag spikes

they already made the multiplayer foundation, it will be easy for modders to create multiplayer on hl2 as same as valve could have done.

pharamir said:
I bought mine at a store so i am technically not getting dod:s i wouldnt mind cs:source but i get ****ing lag spikes

Same here, no DoD. Plus judging from PlanetHL's pole, more people bought from retail than from Steam. I hope Valve lose out on this number-of-players wise.

Meh now everyone is making HL2DM. Valve see what you did now? :angry:

Wow its official or not?

p.s.
lol map contest i bet they put 5 best maps from contest in next official patch, Lazy valve. :D

Its awesome, some of the most fun Ive had in ages.

Z_Unit said:

multiplayer is out. this thread should be closed.......

Back