Muse fans (plus my brother)

Murray_H

Tank
Reaction score
Ok, Muse first

"We're In Areas Other Bands Consider Risky..."
Muse Explore Unchartered Territory With New Album

Muse are currently putting the finishing touches to their much-anticipated, fourth studio album.

Vocalist/guitarist Matt Bellamy, bassist Chris Wolstenholme and drummer Dom Howard, have been holed up in a West London studio mixing the as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2003's 'Absolution'.

The band invited Kerrang! to an exclusive first listen of six completed tracks, including 'Hex', 'A Soldier's Poem', 'Demonocracy', 'Supermassive Blackhole', 'Knights of Cydonia' and an as-yet-untitled track. The new material sees Bellamy and his bandmates expanding upon the innovative sound of their previous three records.

"We've got to a point where we're pretty much free to do whatever we like," muses Matt Bellamy. "It was difficult because we wanted every song to be different to what we've done before. I think we've managed to do that. With the range we've shown on previous albums, I think we've got the freedom to go into areas other bands would consider risky. Previously, we consciously thought about which songs would work live but this time we just went for it. We'll worry about how to play them live later."

In September, the trio worked on song ideas at Château Miraval in Provence, France, before decamping to New York's Avatar and Electric Lady studios with 'Absolution' producer Rick Costey to record the bulk of the album."

"Château Miraval was where Pink Floyd recorded 'The Wall'," Bellamy says. "The studio was set next to a vineyard and was full of ghosts. The owner was this moody old geezer who didn't seem to want us there and kept interrupting us when we were writing the album."

"They had very good local wine, though," adds Howard. "We just spent a lot of time sitting around getting pissed and coming up with ideas. It was a great way to do things."

However, the band's initial preparations were disrupted by a group of unexpected visitors to the studio...

"There were so many bats flying around the rehearsal room while we were trying to work," laughs Wolstenholme. "We didn't know where they were coming from. They're completely silent so all of a sudden, they'd be flapping around our faces. We haven't stayed in touch though!"

The most surprising track that Muse played Kerrang! was 'Knights of Cydonia', which Blemmay reveals will most likely close the album. Taking its cues from Mariachi bands and the 'Doctor Who' theme tune, the track sounds like a soundtrack to a spaghetti western set in the far reaches of the galaxy nd features a chain-smoking trumpeter called Franco.

"Did you hear the galloping horses and bombs going off?" the frontman asks. "That song is influenced by '50s music and my dad's band The Tornados [legendary UK instrumental chart-toppers]. In the '50s, the nuclear vibe was kicking off and ther was a lot of fear. It also happened to be a period where the most UFO sightings were reported."

"I feel we're entering another period where tensions are rising to a very high level and UFO sightings will start to creep back," Bellamy adds. "Aliens are definitely out there!"

Muse's as-yet-untitled album will be released in July via Warners. The band are tipped to appear at least one UK festival over the summer.

Second news post on here : http://invictus.softmeg.com/index.php

And my brother:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=...ing=trance+republic&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Disc 1, track 5....that's him! So chuffed for him :D

makes more sense then:

Hello, long time no see.
We are now currently mixing the new album and hopefully should be finished over the next few weeks. We'll announce the release and touring plans soon. About the album, some new songs deal with awol soldiers, Zeta Reticulans, the sound of Joe Meek's tape machine being thrown down the stairs, the private thoughts of General Zhu Chenghu, feeling strangely comfortable collecting fire wood whilst wielding an axe and of course, how to store Pasta for 12 years using nitrogen flushing. We have also obtained a Buchla. Our very own Marvin sat in the corner depressed too complex to be fun and too unreliable to be a friend. It may have been close to getting blood from a stone but in the end we did get some earnest synth dreams out of him. The 6/8 cycling monster has turned out truly gargantuan, it will have to end the album (a few beserkers may recognize the chordal structure from piano doodlings on previous tours). Also, a sinister presence at the center of our Galaxy has inspired what could be described as a surprisingly casual manage-a-trois involving Prince, R2-D2 and the Queen when she was hot. Oh, by the way "Crying Shame" isn't going to be the first single! So that's it for now, see you all soon we hope.
Take care, Muse

Little update

Tom Kirk said:
Hello. We are really pleased to announce that the new album will be released worldwide on July 3rd! The north American release date will follow very closely behind. We hope to bring you the exact date set for the US release very soon indeed. Check back in the near future for exclusive album title, track information and content!

Thanks guys.
Tom

:LOL: This album is either going to be a huge letdown, or absolute musical genius. I'm guessing the latter, as the song themes are beyond ridiculous.

Can't wait for this album now.

I hope the song known as a crying shame makes it on some form of release, be it album or b-side. It's got a really fun riff (to listen to and to play) so it would probably be a commercial success, but I don't know if it fits in with the themes of the album (although it seems just about anything would) or maybe they couldn't make it into a decently produced song.....

http://www.toazted.com/artistinfo.php?artist=433

Some interesting bits and bobs, 13 mins long.

"Somehow I managed to do a Yngwie Malmsteen tapping guitar solo [laugh] in the middle which is a very strange contrast....sounds more difficult then it really is....I use a pitch shifter, so it sounds like Yngwie Malmsteen but in fact I'm just playing....just like a cheap normal guitarist."

Matt on the song 'Invincible'

Mmmm, sounds good. Muse rock the casbah live. Hoping their going to be announced for Reading or Leeds.

Murray_H said:
I hope the song known as a crying shame makes it on some form of release, be it album or b-side. It's got a really fun riff (to listen to and to play) so it would probably be a commercial success, but I don't know if it fits in with the themes of the album (although it seems just about anything would) or maybe they couldn't make it into a decently produced song.....

The chord progression is just like one of the samples from the old music maker "Dance eJay 2".

Back