My 1st map - Buggyrace

f1r3b4ll

Reaction score
Right heres my first HL2DM Map =))

seriously though - was stunned by HL2dm - and decided to make a lil twist on it - Buggy Racing :)

Now the map is still beta - but its a complete circuit (circuit as in turns and straights and tunnels - not your amercian oval crap :p)

Just raced my mate on it and tense is not the word - 3 lap race - lead first lap - behind second lap - and he ****ed up on third - i thought i had race won but the **** used that cannon on the buggy and killed meh :-(

the map is rather large :-s 13 mb lol - as this is my first map no doubt me have ****ed up somewhere or maybe 10 buggies isnt good for map sizes - all i knw is that its a hella fun map and anyone wanting it is welcome to it :)

GENTLEMEN - Start Your Engines......

http://www.hostmyimages.net/ImagePage.php?u=/04/335/14/test20009.jpg
http://www.hostmyimages.net/ImagePage.php?u=/04/335/14/hammer1.jpg

Firefox - Good choice!!

Ok, now this is cool. I love the idea of racing buggies, it would be just as good to do a swamp buggy race!! Woot Woot!!!

Did you say where the file is?

Later,

nopes i didnt - if anyone wants the map - add me to msn - by clicking the lil msn icon there - the map is still in beta - but not bad for 8 hours work - i've got so many ideas but im thinking of turning this into a mod -

P.s. if anyone can host the file i'd be much appreciative :D
Dave

lol thx - okies gonna be starting a server in 5 mins - 5ppl since its off my house line lol

**** UPDATE **** 1-12-04

The Pit Lane

Map Overview

UberTunnel

Ubertunnel (Closeup)

Who Is This Then ;)?

Okies the map has been majorly fixed - still only 20 hours of work and it looks rather gorgeous :).
Filesize has been DRASTICALLY smashed - its only 3.6mb now and already very popular....

Things to come....

(Am making a buggy racing mod)

start/finish line banner
starting lights
automated start system
HUD buggy speedometer
HUD Boost gauge
Tweaked Buggys - 650HP

okies well its not quite a DM match but its different ;)

Hope u all enjoy it - Dave

is this mod gonna have different modes?
like race against each other and against time?

maps could be interesting with obstacles :)

how about adding some explosive barrels and buggies with guns or some more physics stuff?

someone should make like a mario kart mod! :farmer: :cheers:

Can i have the map? If it's not on a link, PLEASE plz pleasor plesie send me to my email or in msn : [email protected] (it can handle 15 MB of attachments ) .
It looks just awsome, i can't wait, i must play it!!

okies okies - right for those wanting the latest version of the map (remembering there are still issues!) then ill bee setting up a server and u can autodownload

IP : 84.64.54.63:27015
password - hl2net

Don't expecting great pings this is all coming from my 256k upload - but hey you want the map :)

Current Issues -

Some areas of the map are hopeless to walk on - but FINE to drive on ALL of map...
Solution - replace floor after messing about with ground noise.....
Eta - 1-2 Hours

Current BuggyRace version v0.45

You need to host it somewhere... alot of us don't have MSN and I want this map. Bad.

Not to mention that if you host it, it will become popular and you'd be able to join full buggy races.

EDIT: Typed this before your last post, NM. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to grab it.

_Update_

Thats the ground lag problem fixed - **** knows what it was but its gone anyway - replaced ground with dirty asphalt/ concrete which has also appeared to give the cars better grip - expect an official release tomorrow

Have also added a surrounding for da G-Man and some lights at the start grid

man i need to do something like this. im so bored but i have no idea how to make maps!

Holy shnaz, sweeet. Can't wait till you host this somewhere so we all can get it. :D

Next you can make a hoverboat race map. :)

The textures need alot of work before I'll be interested, the maps ugly.

man i wanna play!! the sever is full right now... someone with a good pc or that has a server should put on this map!!!

man i just got in and was downlaoding map when it shut down =(

its funny this was said, but when i saw the map overview with the dark and light areas, i really thought of mario kart 64.. no idea why, i think there was a map like this though

BUGGYRACE is GO ! :D

Thats right - I've spent the last 48 hours slaving away at this map and its finally here ! :D

And a few points

1. It's my first map - be gentle lol
2. It was made for racing so if its a crap DM map - well boohoo :p
3. Im rather hyper on caffiene so im off to bed...

Tell me what ya think - heres linky.

http://www.dance365.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BuggyRace.rar

thats dedication, downloading now and hope to play it soon

will this be downloadable automatically over steam? cause other maps are

will they all be like this now?

edit: ah right you answered that already :)

yes - ****ing pain in the arse it was that auto-download - here was me trying out the map in peace and suddenly some other twat appears - and your just like errrrrrrr testing ?

Just thought I'd put that the final file size is 4 mb - Now who wants a race :D

Me! is this thing manual? no good at gears.. :LOL:
but seriously me

f1r3b4ll said:
nopes i didnt - if anyone wants the map - add me to msn - by clicking the lil msn icon there - the map is still in beta - but not bad for 8 hours work - i've got so many ideas but im thinking of turning this into a mod -

P.s. if anyone can host the file i'd be much appreciative :D
Dave

I'd be happy to host hl2dm maps on a web server hosted in a datacenter in NY. I sponsor the US servers for hl2.net and I happen to have a good deal of bandwidth to spare.

One thing though...I would like to be able to put these maps on the linux servers I run and most maps so far crash linux servers because they aren't compiled with linux physics support (I believe you have to use the -linuxdata switch with vbsp.exe for this). As long as I can run them, I'll host them =)

PM me or use the messenger or email functions of the board if interested. The maps would be hosted at leetnet.com/hl2/etc/etc at no charge or your own subdomain or free .info domain if you wish you pay for hosting.

Hi =) where do i put the file and how do i play it? :$

Right I can make a linux enhanced version @ monday - Im spending the weekend with the girlfriend so i won't be able to do much....

Map is to be placed in Half Life 2 Deathmatch/HL2MP/Maps/

looks good i look forward to pwning on it :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

Back