My First Guitar cover :D

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
Well my first recorded one, anyways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVmEPZNCgQ

My first cover of my favorite band, Rush

There are a few mistakes (the whole solo was crap and the first arpeggio after the solo are the biggest screw ups), and there's a reason behind that. See, to record I have to attach a 2-sided 1/8'' jack from the headphone jack on my amp to my mic port on my computer, so that means that I hear nothing I'm playing, all I hear is my guitar as if it was unplugged. Plus for some reason I always get nervous in front of a camera.

This was recorded on my Laptops webcam, and audio was recorded through Audacity.

Using a Marshall MG30FX, an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Digitech RP200.

I have a great respect for people who post things like this on youtube playing perfectly.. I did this twice and I didn't feel like doing it again.. I hear some people play a whole song like 10 times.. Like holy **** lol.

cool, I was thinking about recording my first cover soon too D:

Here's another one I just did.. I only did it once, I really didn't feel like playing it alot, because I had practised it about 20 times today lol. The pickups are stock and it's a cheap guitar, so it doesn't sound good, but it gets the job done - IN STYLE. lol I could have easily used my pedal to make my single normal guitar into acoustic/electric sounding, but where's the fun in that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPorYq56yc

My second cover of my favorite band, Rush

The guitar is a 12/6 string (12 on top, 6 on bottom).

There are a few mistakes, and there's a reason behind that. See, to record I have to attach a 2-sided 1/8'' jack from the headphone jack on my amp to my mic port on my computer, so that means that I hear nothing I'm playing, all I hear is my guitar as if it was unplugged. Plus for some reason I always get nervous in front of a camera.

This was recorded on my Laptops webcam, and audio was recorded through Audacity.

Using a Marshall MG30FX, a Ktone Doubleneck SG (It's a cheap guitar, that's why it doesn't sound so good), and a Digitech RP200.

I've been playing for 5 years, seriously for about 3.

BTW, you're pregnant willie. I expect to see you at the abortion offices by noon.

EDIT: This thread = CONFIDENCE BOOST ACTIVATED.

EDIT THE SECOND: What one do you guys like better? I know Limelight is alot tighter and all, but personally I like Closer to the Heart better even though it's sloppy.

EDIT THE SECOND: What one do you guys like better? I know Limelight is alot tighter and all, but personally I like Closer to the Heart better even though it's sloppy.

The first one, obviously because I like the song better. Also, I'm pissed you own a double guitar while I don't have one.

Very impressive Dog--, I have to say that I liked Closer to the Heart better.

The first one, obviously because I like the song better. Also, I'm pissed you own a double guitar while I don't have one.

Well don't be pissed, to be honest it's got pickups which aren't that great, it screams for no reason sometimes (like when you put a mic to a speaker), not often but it does. It's got no switch to switch between guitar so you either have to have them both on at all times (which increases the chance of the screaming), or no need a break like in this song to switch between them.

Plus the one neck is warped (which I'm going to fix on of these days by sanding down the back of the neck where it attaches to the guitar), on the 6 string, the action is SOOO high, but it's the lowest I can get it because because the neck is so ****ed.

To be honest I think all the problems are with the 6 string part, the 12 plays great though.

I know I'm kind of making my guitar seem shit, it's actually decent, but it's a really cheap double neck, only cost me $500. Where as even an Epiphone costs like $1000.
I'll just eat it.

TOO BAD YOU SUCK AT EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE

Wanna have a guitar battle!?

Back