my flashlight wont work, help

G

Grantpa

in the single player game my flashlight wont work, so it takes me a really long time to navigate through the dark spots in the levels. Does anyone know what I need to do or do i need to buy a better graphics card?

ya im sure because the aux power goes down and my gun kinda lights up but everything else is dark

are you sure you have it set to the same key your pressing

What graphics card do you have and what DirectX version are you running at?

my graphics card is the one that came with the computer and its pretty sucky but when i installed hl2 it said that i had above what it required for directx

Well what model is your computer so I can look it up and see what graphics you've got :)

Right you've got Intel Extreme Graphics then (pah), which run at DirectX8.

Look on the options screen in HL2 and see what DX version you are running at (not what one you have installed).

i went there and it said that my hardware direct x level is 6 and my software direct x level is 9. So is it that i need to update the direct x on my hardware

DirectX6 is extremly old, I'm not surprised the flashlight doesent work.

The only way you can upgrade it to buy a new graphics card.

DX6!?!?!? Wow. The only thing you can try short of getting a modern gfx card is to upgrade the drivers. Go to http://support.dell.com and see if they have anything there for you gfx card.

i just got some money for christmas so i will probably just buy a better graphics card. Thanx for the help

does anyone have any suggestions of what graphics card i should buy?

Only 77 dollars!?!? Wow!!

That's pretty amazing... Even though it's not the greatest card, that's still a nice price.

Can you take a screeny of HL2 ingame for me? I want to see how bad the graphics are :LOL: Preferably containing water.

how exactly do i do that, i pressed the button for a screen shot (f5) but nothing happened...

I usually take screenshots by pressing the "Print Screen" button, then going into MS Paint and pasting.

You wont notice anything but if you go into you hl2 folder, there should be a folder where screenshots are located. it should be something like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\username\half-life 2\hl2\screenshots

f5 is definatly easier then "print screen" because you can take as many screenshot as you want with out haveing to quit hl2.

Back