my fps in antlion trooper drops to 10

Reaction score
as soon as, the antlions come out, my fps drops to 10 and keep at 10 constantly, is it normal ? i never experienced this low fps in hl2 or css befor.

my spec:
p4 2,4
512 ram
6800 256mb

thats perfectly normal on that map with your specs

Limit the number of ragdolls to like 10 at a time and you'll see some improvement.

DarkStar said:
Limit the number of ragdolls to like 10 at a time and you'll see some improvement.

how ?
can i do that for playing online too ?

what's the minimum spec for that map ?

Newbie's Journey said:
what's the minimum spec for that map ?

Maps generally dont have their own "Minimum specs" but that map lags on pretty much any computer, regardless of how good it is.

It's the fact that so many things are going on at the same time, computers need to be p6 5.2 ghz to run it at over 100 fps :p

lol... that happened to me too... it seems that the bodies of those antlions were clumped together. damn... the FPS dropped until 7FPS.

wierd. i never got any really large slowdown on the antlion levels, i spose it could be the processor though, i'd imagine a lot of ragdoll collisions would be CPU heavy???

if you have the low quality version then you might get better performance, the only difference between the hi and lo versions is amount of ragdolls

I had the exact same problem and my computer is about the same specs, if not a little better. Go download the low quality version and it will run fine.

Back