My Model, Rig and Anim project

random.hero

Reaction score
hey guys, i havnt posted anything here for a while, so i thought id show you the project ive been working on, and maybe you can help me with some troubles. this was supposed to be quite a simple model, which i would then use in learning how to rig and animate. well...ive got into a bit of trouble, i cant seem to get the legs right, but i guess thats my fault for not having a solid concept :dozey:. anyways, ive posted it in the CGTalk WIP forums, but to no avail, so i thought id bring it over here and see what you...talented lot :naughty: had to say about it.

this is what ive done so far...
eyes.jpg

eyes_closenew.jpg

and heres the legs...
bodyshot.jpg

and here is the progress thread in our Hell Blaze forums :D

any replies are greatly appreciated...apart from ones saying that i suck :rolleyes:.

*edit* also, i havnt done a full character model before, and this was sposed to be an alien-like thing.

IMO the legs look to human due to the knee-cap area, maybe go for a different style of legs if you want it to become more "Alien" ?

Btw, sorry I ent been on MSN much, I broke my mobo ;(

yeah, but i think my plan was to have a simplified human body, maybe skinnier than your average, and use the head/fingers/feet to give him the alieny look...if you know what i mean. thanks for the ideas though, nice to know someone cares :p

Move the legs out slightly where they join to the hip. Well, that's my suggestion, anyway.

The styles of the body parts look conflicting and inconsistent to me.

While the head and body are really quite simple and cartoony, you can see underlying bulges in the arms and legs. I'd suggest either adding a touch more detail to the head and body or removing it from the other parts.

k, thanks for your ideas guys, i havnt had much time lately to check here or do any more to it, so maybe ill post an update when i have one.

Back