hks fuel cut defender
hks turbo timer
boost valve
kyb adjustable shocks
clear headlights
clear side lights
bronze lightweight alloys
performance clutch

I've not had it on the rolling road yet, but it's around 300 brake.

Happy happy joy joy :D

Nice! I've heard many great things about them & known people who have owned/own them! Here are two discussion boards that I know apply to the new MR2 Spyder, but maybe yours as well.

www.MR2oc.com
www.spyderchat.com

And here's my baby!

l_31218b0bd9444905e1eb47e03ddda199.jpg

Custom so far . . .
- Rims: 17x7 15.0lb each Kosei K1 TS
- Front Strut Brace
- Racing Clutch
- Lightweight flywheel (8.5lbs)
- Motor Mount Inserts

Next up is suspension, then a custom body (that I design), and an engine swap/turbo/everything-else.

More images in the spoiler tags . . .
l_ef1b43fcaf623fda87d13ea0d52dff8b.jpg

l_a0d41f7e5edfdb8da9c365c4523df537.jpg

l_3540511f706f400521cfbafa4053344d.jpg

l_253009ac6757846ed19091899111fcc3.jpg

l_e1e0bdc7d304d261d2d8de07f8e4eff3.jpg

I know your license plate number! Muahahahahaha

*copies down license plate number*

Good...good...

old mr2's are way better looking than the newer versions...but very nice choice, very rare to find a good conditioned old school mr2.

i just got a new car too:

Mazda Speed 6
outsidepicsi9.jpg

minus the dashboard GPS
interiorbz4.jpg

Sweet car. Have to admit, a convertible would make a really awesome toy for relaxed and sociable sightseeing on a nice summer's day.

We got one too, Honda Accord Ex 2002. Just need to replace the transmission before driving (about $9000-$10k total).

Congratulations OP, I just sold my car. (93' Ford Festiva).

The next one I get will probably be a 2008 Toyota Prius. Yeah, that's not very flashy, but I'll be laughing all the way to the bank in gas $ savings! :)

I never was a car enthusiast anyways. As long as it is clean, comfortable, and gets me where I'm going.

Congratulations OP, I just sold my car. (93' Ford Festiva).

The next one I get will probably be a 2008 Toyota Prius. Yeah, that's not very flashy, but I'll be laughing all the way to the bank in gas $ savings! :)

I never was a car enthusiast anyways. As long as it is clean, comfortable, and gets me where I'm going.

I'm sure there are plenty of better, cheaper cars out there you could get instead of that godawful contraption. ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of better, cheaper cars out there you could get instead of that godawful contraption. ;)
Suggestions then? Keep in mind that I'm in the U.S. though.

I don't really like hatch-back cars anyways. They're a bitch to clean (and get covered easily) when you drive around the back roads.

Suggestions then? Keep in mind that I'm in the U.S. though.

I don't really like hatch-back cars anyways. They're a bitch to clean (and get covered easily) when you drive around the back roads.

No suggestions, I'm not that up on my cars...but I'm reliably informed that the Prius is actually less economical than a BMW 5-series in motorway driving etc, and for the city a small car like a Focus or something is both better and more economical.

Plus, if you want to save money, why buy a brand new car?

Plus, if you want to save money, why buy a brand new car?
Longevity and reliability.
If I was a mechanic, I'd definately go with an older vehicle, like '60s or older. Newer cars these days aren't DIY friendly though, what with all the electronic diagnostics, sensors and whatnot.

If I get a 'slightly' newer car, I'd be stuck with a half-way POS with all the newer electronics, just to find myself having to go to a 'specialized' mechanic within a few months anyways that has all the proper equipment.

If I buy a car, I want to make sure I can run it in the dirt for a long time. Apart from the basics like changing the oil, and checking all the fluids, etc. I'm no mechanic.

Long story short: Today's cars are designed to be disposable. Buying a 'slightly new car' would be like using a 'used napkin'. The 'used napkin' would just fall apart in your hands before you have a chance to get all that BBQ off your face.

If I was a mechanic, I'd definately go with an older vehicle, like '60s or older. Newer cars these days aren't DIY friendly though, what with all the electronic diagnostics, sensors and whatnot.

If I get a 'slightly' newer car, I'd be stuck with a half-way POS with all the newer electronics, just to find myself having to go to a 'specialized' mechanic within a few months anyways that has all the proper equipment.

If I buy a car, I want to make sure I can run it in the dirt for a long time. Apart from the basics like changing the oil, and checking all the fluids, etc. I'm no mechanic.

Long story short: Today's cars are designed to be disposable. Buying a 'slightly new car' would be like using a 'used napkin'. The 'used napkin' would just fall apart in your hands before you have a chance to get all that BBQ off your face.

Fair enough, but wouldn't you be better off buying something a couple of years old?

Hey nice Mr2, lemme guess, that's the 91' model. But, is it the sw22 chasis with stock turbo?

They really aren't any more complicated then they have been since the 80's, they just pack it into smaller spaces. The main difference from the 60's engines to now is fuel injection with air/fuel computers, and more electronic gizmos - mostly for creature comforts. These types of things are designed to last the life of the vehicle, so you don't really have to worry about them usually. It's essentially a very similar engine, transmission, and coolant system from 1960 in there.

I have a car from 1990-1999. The idle went wacky once... I read a repair manual for my car that I bought... saw something that caught my eye. ICS. Idle Control Sensor (something like that). The manual wasn't very clear on where exactly it was located.

I asked a guy at NAPA and he came out side and listened to the idle, then I showed him what I thought the ICS was, and he confirmed it. I got the part for free from a friend who had a parts car and all was well.

I feel very comfortable doing almost any work to my car. You either get into that stuff or not.

I can't see that many car owners changing their air conditioner compressor or bleeding the brakes these days, but it's really straight forward if you do a little research and have a decent understanding of how things work.

Hey nice Mr2, lemme guess, that's the 91' model. But, is it the sw22 chasis with stock turbo?
don't you know it's rude to ask if it's a stock turbo? That's like asking him how big his penis is. HEh... yeah it's stock or he would have listed a turbo upgrade for sure. People asked me that all the time, as if you are a nobody if your turbo is stock. It's still nice and quick with a boost controller/ valve.

Aileviation, do you own an MR2 or something?

they are ok on the street. For example, mine has very little lag and is full force within a moment. (small turbos spool faster) It just doesn't have a lot of muscle. I had planned to replace it with an upgraded one when it starts dying. The expected life of a turbo is suggested to be about 80,000 miles. I just hit 100,000 miles on my car and it's still working well

in a way I'm glad it works, and in a way, I'm quite disappointed. I could get another 50 HP or something from an upgrade.

I don't have the money to waste on a turbo right now anyway though.

Yeah, turbos are expensive for anything decent.

Yeah, turbos are expensive for anything decent.

I've seen some great ones for like $750. Course you have to install the thing... will need some additional little parts and stuff...

It's just the whole... you know, hobo thing I got going on right now.

I'm going nowhere fast. No need to go faster.

don't you know it's rude to ask if it's a stock turbo? That's like asking him how big his penis is. HEh... yeah it's stock or he would have listed a turbo upgrade for sure. People asked me that all the time, as if you are a nobody if your turbo is stock. It's still nice and quick with a boost controller/ valve.

Aileviation, do you own an MR2 or something?

No. I have a buddy with the same model... and since he said he pushing 300 hp with a stock turbo and some other simple bolt-ons, the gains are pretty good from stock.

I call dibs on rims when said car is wrapped around a tree.

I'm not sure, but I've not heard about MR2's giant amounts of free space for fuel from the fuel pump. I'd assume you'd have to get a new one then rewire it up to make sure you're getting top notch voltage. Then you'd want to make sure it's tuned so you don't detonate and destroy your engine. Then after you the turbo installed properly, you gotta make sure the intercooler isn't bottlenecking the boost. So then you may have to go out and get a bigger one.

Upgrading stock turbos is a bitch sometimes :(

about 6 years ago I rewired/hardwired my fuel pump with heavy gauge wire,an inline fuse and an upgraded walbro fuel pump.

I had to run the fuel out of the lines until my car stalled. I didn't really know what I was doing (learning as I go) and this job was not sitting well with me, but I pulled it off.

I still never bought all that cool stuff like A/F comp.

Back