Reaction score
ok here were my old COMPUTER specs;

radeon 9600 pro 256mb-ram, 128-bit
athlon 1700+ 133fsb
512 pc3200 ram

i recently bought a new CPU

athlon 3000+ 333fsb

i used to get 40-43 Degrees on my CPU
now I am getting 50-55 degrees on my new one !

when I used to play CSS I used to get about 23-34 fps
now I get about 38-54 FPS woot !
But now when I run sideways ou can REALLY SEE how jumpy it looks EVEN at 55 FPS !!! i was on lots of different servers and same problem .. so does that have to do with my temp being SOOO high now ?

And I used to get 2669 on my 3dmark03 score now I get 2709 does that seem tight ?

yeah, your tempertures are fine. Tempertures will not affect game performance.

So why do my games seem soo much glitchier then ??
Maybe RAM ? AND my temps under no presure are at 53

when i run a game they go to 56

The 3DMark03 thing, the cpu counts VERY little, the GPU is pretty much all that counts.

ok I just played CSS for an hour and checked my temp right after it was at 59 degress is that right or to HOT ??

AND WHY are all my game really glitchy for the first 40 minutes of play ?
I have better FPS, but it not looking worth my money :(

Did you install the CPU yourself? You may have not attached the heatsink properly.

To be on the safe side, you should take off the heatsink and reset the heatsink. I would highly recommend[/b[ buying some Artic Silver 5 or Artic Ceramique and taking off the current thermal pad since it has already been used.

Artic Silver's website should give you instructions on how to take off old thermal pads and apply Artic Silver to your processor.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/

Did you make sure to change your fsb bus to 166 or move the jumpers for 166mhz? I bet you didn't do one or the other.

ok...one more time ....sigh ...

IS 59 DEGREES CELCIUS TO HOT !??!?!??!?!??!?!?!

If so what should be decent for my setup ?

and yes I wen into bIOS and set it to 166 :D proccesser reads as bought 3000+ ..seems really glitchy whats the problem ?

skater4evr5 said:
ok...one more time ....sigh ...

IS 59 DEGREES CELCIUS TO HOT !??!?!??!?!??!?!?!

If so what should be decent for my setup ?

It is hard to say. I can't tell you the answer without more information. You have to go through a process of eliminations. That isn't too hard when I diagnose problems in person, but becomes a pain over the internet. So chill for a minute.

How many case fans do you have? And how hot is the room you are in?

And yes, 59 C is on the high side of comfortable. I'm in a hot room (80 F or higher) and my temps never exceed 52C with a Athlon XP 2800+.

the romim in is pretty decent degrees about 80's, I have 2 other case fans also, but i think they were REALLY cheap just got them for blue lights woot.
Its only 59 when I REALLY work my CPU. Other than that its about 52 idleing.

Good. Next step requires you to google for info about your motherboard model.

See what common problems people have with your motherboard. Incorrect tempertures could be a problem. Also check your motherboard manufacturers website for a bios update. That may fix your problem as well. Follow the bios update instructions to the letter, don't want to mess up your motherboard accidently.

[Edit]: First, turn off your computer and see if your heatsink appears to be in the right position. It should be even with the mounting brackets and should appear to be in the center of the processor.

bosox188 said:
The 3DMark03 thing, the cpu counts VERY little, the GPU is pretty much all that counts.
ehh..my score went up 2,500 points when i went from an athlon xp 2600+ to an athlon 64 3000+

Vigilante said:
ehh..my score went up 2,500 points when i went from an athlon xp 2600+ to an athlon 64 3000+

Do you think about this at all? You are going from a way slower cpu to a much faster+64 bit...and you wonder why it went up :rolleyes:

HMMM.. this is kinda interesting I took off my side panel for my case and guess what im getting 46 degrees instead of 54 weird....

Is there any drawback to having a side panel off of your computer 24/7 ?

Dust, dust and heat for other components that don't have fans...
Yes, keep it on. Your temps were A-OK before. :thumbs:

Turn on Vsync and see if that helps. Rightclick on your desktop and go to properties. Then click on the Settings tab and go to advanced. Where you set your 3D options, you should find Vsync.

Back