My NEW Digital Camera!

Argyll

Reaction score
Just 2 hours ago, I was Christmas shopping and for myself I bought a...

Canon PowerShoot S400
4.0 Mega Pixels
3x Optical Zoom
3.6x Digital Zoom
Up to 3 minute Video recording w/Audio
Shutter Speed 15-1/2000 sec.
Aperture Range f2.8-4.9/f7.1 - 13
35mm Equivalent Zoom 36 - 108 mm

So far I am satisfied... Canon is good for manual features because I prefer the control when taking photos. Speaking of which:

100_0065.JPG

(It's my little brother playing Vice City that he rented for XBox... little does he know that I bought the Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City pack for him when I got the camera :p )

I had put research into the purchase.. it wasn't a spontaneous thing. I had looked at mainly Sony and Olympus models before settling on Canon and the S400. I got a package deal with 256mb Memory Card, lovely Roots Camera Bag, 4 year warranty for $760 Canadian.

So expect some more photos from me :)

Cool... I have a 3.2 megapixel Cannon PowerShot.
So yours is newer, damn.
Anyway, it's a pretty nice camera and takes some nice looking shots. Have fun with it! :)

I just wish it had a better zoom... do you know if you can switch lenses on these?

cool cam, i got a 3.2 sony dsc p72 which takes fantastic shots (see my thread) and you can buy lens adapters that allow you to have extra lenses for wide angle/zoom etc

does the shutter have a "b" or equivilent setting? that's my favorite :p

nicew shot :D

mine? nope, heh mine has speed settings yes and a focus/shutter lock mode on shutter depress

SidewinderX143 said:
does the shutter have a "b" or equivilent setting? that's my favorite :p

Me too :)

Thats a pretty good prise for that kind of camera, I got my Nikon CoolPix 5700 for about $900 but its worth it

5.0 Megapixles
8x optical zoom
4x digital zoom
1 minute video recording with audio
Shutter speed: Blub (for up to 5 minutes) to 1/4,000

I like it :)

Back