AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz Socket 939, 512KB cache, BOXED
Western Digital Caviar 200GB IDE ATA/100 8MB cache 7200RPM
Asus A8V Deluxe/WIFI-g Motherboard S-939 K8T800PRO, ATA/SATA, GbLAN, ATX, Raid
Corsair PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB ECC REG 64Meg x 4, CAS 2.5, "Low Profile"
Creative SB Live! 24-bit, Retail PCI Lydkort,EAX,7.1,24-bit/96KHz
Asus Radeon X800XT PE 256MB GDDR3 AGP, ATI X800XT PE, VIVO, Retail

$1911,- total.

comments? suggestions?

also, should I buy a new CRT monitor? or should I just keep the one I own now? It's a 16" LCD.

what are the pros / cons?

looks good, but you do not need the registerred ram, it will slow your computer down, and is more expensive. Normal 3200 is fine, and if you do not want to overclock then corsair value is also fine.

well do you notice ghosting or blurring on your LCD now? despite better LCD technology, CRTs are still the best for gaming.

if you want a great CRT monitor, the mitsubishi 930sb 19" CRT is very popular nowadays, 1600x1200@85hz, flat diamondtron tube, and can be had for around $300 if you go to pricegrabber.com. seems like a lot of people i know from different forums are going with this one.

poseyjmac said:
well do you notice ghosting or blurring on your LCD now? despite better LCD technology, CRTs are still the best for gaming.

if you want a great CRT monitor, the mitsubishi 930sb 19" CRT is very popular nowadays, 1600x1200@85hz, flat diamondtron tube, and can be had for around $300 if you go to pricegrabber.com. seems like a lot of people i know from different forums are going with this one.

no ghosting or blurring. the thing that bugs me is the refresh rate. it's like 65hz or something. it's quite annoying / distracting when playing games.

Corsair PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB ECC REG 64Meg x 4, CAS 2.5, "Low Profile"

this is bad for your system, get the standard one without the reg.

and If you like go for OCZ 3500 OR 3700 :D cas 2.5

let me restate what others have said, do NOT get registered ram. definitely want to go with the crt if you're a big gamer. diamondtron tube is a must.

also, why not go with sata instead of ide?? and i'd probably go with the msi k8n neo2 platinum instead of that asus (check reviews). finally, do you really need that soundcard? the on-board audio on a high-end mobo (like the msi or asus) will be as good as a sblive card, i'd drop that or get an audigy instead if you really want/need a soundcard.

yeah, i was basing my statement on review sites like anandtech. they didn't seem to have any problems like the overclock forums people. but it's not a big deal, the other recs are more important.

edit: i see that User Name has a k8n neo2 platinum.. maybe he could drop some impressions of it?

Oxygenetic said:
LCD isn't good for gaming, get a CRT screen.

A BIG NOOOOOOO!

LCD roks espacialy the ons with 16ms and less. :| Oh yeah cost more

:thumbs: But, 60 hz refresh? Unless you really care about tearing.

Awesome rig. The socket 939 I hear have much better overclocking then their 754 counter parts. Rig=*****

Back